Big Island v. Kauai v Maui

If you’ve got a Costco membership, the Maui Costco had a lot of gift certs for local restaurants while we were there (eg, the Gannon group, which includes Hali’imaile General Store) that gave 20% or so discounts. Also Costco-sized bottles of Adoboloco’s pineapple habanero sauce, which I lurve. You can buy their sauces in many places, but Maui Costco is the only one with the larger bottles (and only of the pineapple habanero).

I agree with this. You have to do it once, but we go to Maui fairly often and have never felt the need to go again.

I also second the recommendation of Trilogy for boat outings. We’ve done a few of theirs, and they’re always top notch.

The Costco restaurant gift certificates are good, but we’ve gotten too greedy with them in the past and either ended up not using some, or feeling obligated to go to dinners that we weren’t in the mood for just to use them up. So now we’re pretty conservative with those.

We went to Maui last January, and are actually going in March this year. We don’t make a practice of going every year, but we had such a great trip last time that we didn’t want to wait too long :slight_smile:

Drove the road of Hana today. Wasn’t a bad drive. Hit a huge rainstorm for about half a mile but otherwise sunshine most of the time. When we got to the end of the pipiwai trail it started to rain but it was a welcome rain. Water levels were pretty low. I climbed past the do not enter sign and stood next to the waterfall, the water maybe went up to my shins. BAmboo forest was cool. Weak hike difficulty wise though. Lots of areas on the drive over you could see where there used to be a waterfall, but no water at the moment.

Weather has been pretty great this trip. The hike up to waihee ridge trail was nice. Hell of a view and being above the cloud cover is cool. Decent difficulty but only five miles.

Told my wife no more hiking. Tmrw we just chill at the resort. Otherwise why stay at a nice place if you aren’t gonna use the amenities!

“Only five miles”…

The Bamboo Forest hike is my type of hike haha. Take Kathy to Kauai next time if she likes hiking. Ugh that Na Pali coast hike was too much for me.

you get one mile in on the kalalau trail and turn around? [snort.gif]