Big Bold Napa Cab Recommendations

Forman, Dunn, Quintessa, Heitz, Far Niente, Silver Oak, Stag’s Leap Wine Cellars

Does anyone know what the story is at Hidden Ridge Vineyard? They still have not released their 2013 vintage. I have contacted them several times by email and have never received a lucid response.

[wow.gif] [snort.gif]

The prisoner? :slight_smile:

Ghost Horse
Herb Lamb
Keever
Kobalt
Chappellet Signature and Pritchard Hill
Cade Howell Mountain
Christopher Tynan
Dalla Valle
Colgin
Harlan

There are some interesting Cabs from both Washington and Australia that are big and bold that would be interesting to taste beside the Napa Cabs.

Buccella

Mayacamas, Corison, Montelena…

Although I’m not sure if id Incldue Far Niente and Silver Oak in the ‘non-op’ list

Mine. EMH. Not my Black Cat profile.

I’m sorry, Mike told me not to let it out , available to best customers only, it’s named “Smith’s Boner”. [snort.gif] neener

That was good. Still laughing out loud here.

There are some cabs on this list I wouldn’t consider big or bold…Corison, Montelena, Forman?

Futo OV and 550 (SLD)
Odette Cabernet Reserve
Memento Mori
Fait Main Las Piedras

Some of the Hall wines fit the bill. Not much love for them here but solid in my book. The regular Hall 2013 Napa at $45 worth a try. Not as big as some of these listed here but

There was a slight side convo going where we were talking about it there were any cabs that did NOT fit the OP

Dunn, Pride, Paul Hobbs, Insignia (blend but still bold)

Pretty sure I am not putting any of that in my mouth. [wow.gif]

would also add…

robert foley
switchback ridge
gemstone
harlan and bond
ovid
hundere acre

Thanks Rich. Should’ve known this group knew better! champagne.gif

Jeff Rosenberg wrote:
Does anyone know what the story is at Hidden Ridge Vineyard? They still have not released their 2013 vintage. I have contacted them several times by email and have never received a lucid response.

Hi, Jeff. I know they were selling some direct last spring. Once the 2013 Impassable Mountain received 100 points from the WA they were slammed with inquiries. I am not sure when either of the 2013 Cabs will be released. I have not seen the 55 degree slope Cab at retail, either. FWIW, the 2012’s are excellent. We discovered Hidden Ridge at a wine tasting up in Incline Village 3-4 years ago and really like their wines. Nice people, too!

Thanks,
Ed

Great suggestions!

I would add David Arthur of Prichard Hill.

1147 is his best!