Bevan

Just got the allocation email…

Buy!

Sugarloaf now sold out.

Unique timing. Price increases?

No !

Great wines. Buy what’s offered or what’s in your budget

Dear Sarah,

This year, at the time of our 2012 release in March, we had our very first price increase since the 2005 vintage and those prices are rock solid until our next release, at which time there maybe a small increase, but only on wines cost us more to make. We are wine geeks, we are on a ton of mailing lists. This isn’t a business for any of our team to get rich at, it is a lifestyle and passion.

All the best,
Russell Bevan
Bevan Cellars
russell@bevancellars.com

Wouldn’t have questioned if you had, just wondering. Making wine in Napa isn’t cheap.

Ontogeny $75 vs EE $195…looks like Ontogeny is a pretty good QPR!!

Great attitude and policy! Congratulations on the scores though the wines deserve it.

Well deserved. His wines are pure fun.

I thought it was pretty gracious of them to put the offer back out after the high scores and not touch pricing. I tried to take advantage and had a mixed case configured, but when I got to checkout, bye bye.

The EE was the only wine left (which I already have a couple of) when I clicked the link a couple hours after the email – just didn’t see the email quick enough. We did a tasting of the '12s several months ago and were just floored how amazing they were across the board. We typically find one or two wines that stand out in a tasting, but we loved everything we were poured (I believe it was the '12 Dry Stack Sauv Blanc, '12 Richie Chard, '12 Sonoma Mnt Pinot, '12 Ontogeny, '12 Sugerloaf, and '12 EE). We brought a couple who don’t buy or drink much wine and even they put in a half case order. The nose of the '12 Sonoma Mountain Pinot likely is the most alluring wine I’ve ever smelled.

Has anyone done a head to head tasting of the 3 - 2012 sauvignon blancs or the pinots?
Also, looks like the EE is the only non-allocated cabernet left. Note that the Wildfoote Vineyard (Vixen Block, Stags Leap) and McGah Vineyard (Rutherford) are still available for those with allocations… for now.

My order was due to arrive yesterday, so I shall await the goodies :slight_smile:

Surprised the McGah would still be available

Congratulations on the scores, Russell!

Yours are the first I look out for in the Napa issue, and I was able to get my hands on some of the Sugarloaf. I haven’t had this one yet, and I am very excited to try it.

[/quote] The EE was the only wine left (which I already have a couple of) when I clicked the link a couple hours after the email – just didn’t see the email quick enough. We did a tasting of the '12s several months ago and were just floored how amazing they were across the board. We typically find one or two wines that stand out in a tasting, but we loved everything we were poured (I believe it was the '12 Dry Stack Sauv Blanc, '12 Richie Chard, '12 Sonoma Mnt Pinot, '12 Ontogeny, '12 Sugerloaf, and '12 EE). We brought a couple who don’t buy or drink much wine and even they put in a half case order. The nose of the '12 Sonoma Mountain Pinot likely is the most alluring wine I’ve ever smelled.[/quote]

I was at the winery last week and tasted through many of the same wines and was amazed at how good the '13 Dry Creek Sauv Blanc, '12 Richie chard, and '12 Sonoma Mtn pinot were too. Wonderful wines for sure. Happy I bought a couple of each.

I was able to pick up 2 Sugarloaf & 3 EE !!

Thank you all for the kind words. We are so blessed to work with such amazing vineyards and farmers. It allows us to make wines that we like to drink and are so lucky that others like them as well.

All the best,
Russell Bevan
Bevan Cellars

Found the Sugarloaf today at Total Wine in Desert Ridge, along with other Bevan wines. I left a few.