Best wine youve "wasted" by drinking when hammered

A New Year’s pre-party primer, already in a “good mood” and not in the condition to savor a bottle of Krug Vintage Brut 1990 (?).

Went out and proceeded to knock my gf’s glass out of her hand, drank a split of Duval-Leroy “Rosé de Saignee”, a little Andre “Extra-Dry”, Moët “White Star”, and chugged from a bottle of Blanton’s Bourbon from the trunk of a friend’s car.

I have not drunk like like that since, most likely.

What a coincidence! THat’s exactly the same wine I was going to post. [cheers.gif]

Oh no, my memory is very clear: I was shocked that Corey has such an attractive and smart better half. Just shocked. I think it was Tooch that had hoped to forget that Corey was there.

85’ Ponsot Clos de Roche

It was my birthday, my girlfriend sent me on a scavenger hunt all day bar hoping but was hell bent on opening this bottle.

Don’t remember a drop

I still wish that bottle of 1988 Dom Perignon had been a Korbel instead. [cry.gif]

Drank about a glass of 1999 Masseto straight from the bottle after a very long night of “tasting”. Not sure it wasted though, I remember it being very tasty.

2010 Sine Qua Non Five Shooters Syrah

JF

I’m not saying the damage would be extensive, cause I don’t have anything more expensive than a few Schraders… but to limit the damage, I am prone to say “end the night with a white” and pull out some $40 chardonnay or a even less expensive sauv blanc. A decent white seems to hit the spot for me after drinking several bottles of good red anyway.

Mostly '09s. Started out with 8 bottles and then they showed up at Bottle Barn where I bought another 8 or more. The '11s were in scarce supply from the get-go.

They both are great, but the '11 is the only wine I ever gave a 100.

Didn’t want to hijack the thread…but I was going to ask if either of you had tried the 11 yet. I’ve got 2 and have been trying to hold off on popping one.

Your comments are not helping Michael :slight_smile:

I have one of those as well, are they really that good ?

Here are my notes from about 18 months ago. The wine has probably changed a bit from here.

“Honey, apricot and sweet apple cider. Thick, sweet, but not syrupy. Has a nice little sweet/tart bite at the end. Not sure how you could make it any better.”

I think I can actually hear my willpower breaking

Hold onto it as long as humanly possible. It has decades in it before it really shines.

All I can say, due to the condition I was in at the time, was the many bottles we consumed at the weekend getaways at Zach’s. Soooo much great wine jammed into a weekend. One memory was Leo grabbing my 94’ Caymus SS and filtering it thru a bleached paper napkin and declaring that was how the winemaker intended it to be enjoyed…at 3am in the morning. God my head really hurt about 6 hours later.

If only he had done that at 3 am in the evening.

Two instances.
–Drinking a bottle of 1994 Mouton Rothschild after finishing a magnum of Pavie 2001 between 2 people. We could barely appreciate, let alone taste the Mouton at that point.
–Drinking a bottle of Montille “Les Rugiens” after smoking a clove cigarette. Dumb move. The wine tasted like, you guessed it cloves.
Never to be repeated.

That wine is really , REALLY good

'64 Salon