Best Wine Purchase in the last five years!

Many vintages of Juge Cornas for $50. A ridiculously good and unique wine. Well, I had to pay more for the 2015 after the Fu-hype.

I paid £400 per case for the 1993 Chandon de Briailles Corton Bressandes 4 years ago, based on the first 4 bottles consumed so far, I would be willing to pay £1500 per case.

My best purchase in the last five years was the 2005 Smith-Haut Lafite for $34/btl at a local grocery store. I regret I didn’t buy more at that price.

[quoteMy best purchase in the last five years was the 2005 Smith-Haut Lafite for $34/btl at a local grocery store. I regret I didn’t buy more at that price.][/quote]
Doug been there and it is always hard not to buy everything they have. I have tried lately to buy it all and see if wine friends want some of it. Great find!!!

This week 2014 Elk Cove Goodrich PN $19.16.

2008 Giuseppe Cortese Barbaresco Rabaja for $20. Only bought 4 bottles. Should have bought a case for sure.

I bought a mixed case of Clarendon Hills shirazes for $15 a pop from a bankrupt liquor store chain in Dallas. That’s not $40 Prums for $7.

I also would NOT have bought ten cases of that. Or even 8. I might by 2 cases, but Riesling moves slowly at my house. 10 cases of Spatlese would literally last me a lifetime, and I intend to try more than 2 during that span.

As for friends who’d take it off my hands…I honestly don’t know more than maybe 1 or 2 people in my area who would get really excited about those wines.

24 bottles of Domaine de Chevalier 1975 for around $50 each. Drinking beautifully.

And wines like this at this price I am happy to drink multiple cases.

I had a chance to buy Mouton '82 for $50 per and Petrus '82 for $100 per back in the day. I passed. Back then I thought the 82’s were overrated.

I doubt that was in the last five years. At Sherry Lehman in 1983, a case of Pichon Lalande was $110

[quoteI bought a mixed case of Clarendon Hills shirazes for $15 a pop from a bankrupt liquor store chain in Dallas. That’s not $40 Prums for $7.][/quote]
What Clarendon Hills with vintage? Great find!

3 pack of 2014 Macdonald for $165 a bottle. :slight_smile:

Same price. Fewer bottles. Love the wine. Would happily buy more.

Keep them coming love to hear about others great finds in different markets.

Best purchase I got was actually due to a wine shop employee not paying attention and me not realizing until I got home. Got two bottles of 2012 Altesino Montosoli for the price of the regular bottling, $45 each.

More than 5 years ago but a similar situation to your Riesling. My Local Wine Shop had '02 Keenan Cabernet for a little over $20. Now this is Alaska where prices are usually retail plus. I asked my guy at the store if it was miss marked. He said something about the distributor ordering it by mistake. I bought all 56 bottles for $20.84. It has been providing good drinking for over 10 years. I have one bottle left.