Best Wine Purchase in the last five years!

This is a euphemism, right?

I don’t know, you guys sound like greedy ba$tards. I prefer to leave something behind for someone else who might come along…consider it as “sharing the wealth”. Imagine your thrill at finding a deal times-3 or 4. Karma will be very happy.

And you sound like a scold. No shock.

I’ll still take every bottle of 1998 Catoir Scheurebe I can get my hands on.

I’m with you. Well maybe 96 for me. The HB Riesling Spatlese and Spat HB as well. I drank my last bottle of the Spat last week with Jay and Maureen. Still amazing. I’ll post a note eventually. Although I think I’ll get some push back from them, I thought it was better than the fantastic 2001 2134 I opened at the same time, and at an absolute zenith.

All that 2010 Jadot that I bought from Premier Cru? newhere hitsfan

John Glas wrote:
Why would you not but out all of it is beyond me.

Because you didn’t want 10 cases of it, perhaps?

I can think of 20 people who would die for a case at that price within 10 miles of my house.

You guys don’t know 20 people who would want a case of these? Yes I did not drink all of these.

seriously. I’d have plenty of friends that would love to share on the find.

You see: sharing is caring. Especially when you can sell it to them for double. [cheers.gif]

That made me laugh, Alan.

I’d be interested in a mixed case if you were local since that is my son’s birth year. Great find!

What was the purchase over five years ago that bested this one?

For 7 bucks… I’m watering my plants with it when I get bored of the the flavor profile in 20 years, or so.

what a steal! the Total wine by me had the 2011 on sale for $20 last week and I was tempted to clear those at that price, especially with the 20% off old world coupon! granted, it was only 5 of them…

Someone on foot? Though I think I would have tried to carry three…

Looking at shop-based (rather than auction) bargains I got a case of Egon Muller Scharzhofberger Auslese for €100 each last year.

I did buy and share with friends 6 cases of 2006 Grunhauser Abtsberg Kabinett for $2.39/bottle several years ago.

I don’t know, you guys sound like greedy ba$tards. I prefer to leave something behind for someone else who might come along…consider it as “sharing the wealth”. Imagine your thrill at finding a deal times-3 or 4. Karma will be very happy.

I agree but would rather hook up my tasting group with the wines.

Just bought this last Saturday for $13 which is not as good as the Prum find but this is an outstanding wine.

2012 Kaesler Avignon (Australia, South Australia, Barossa, Barossa Valley)
2/10/2018
wineglas
Day 1: Opened for about 3 hours. Nice Garrique, red currants, subtle spices and pine tar. This drinks more like a CDP than any other Aussie Grenache Blend I have ever tasted. An absolutely stunning value (won’t tell you what I paid for it). An early candidate for QPR of the year and will be hard to beat. Will be interested to see what this does on day 2 and 3.
Day 2: Still singing with similarities to day 1. Very intense wine with tons of flavors complexity. Long finish. A true find. Under the radar as I did not like the 2012 Bogan and gave it sub 80 points. Wow!!! 93 points

john - great finds. enjoy

Probably 2001 Rossignol-Trapet Latricieres Chambertin at the winery for about $119. To be able to buy an outstanding Grand Cru Burgundy that is 16 years old at this price is wonderful in today’s market.