Best village burg producers for 2015 vintage

Then you should also try to get hold of Duroché’s Roncevie as a comparison - for fun - there are very few. But no, I chose the three because of their consistent high attainment…

I had great luck with the Hudelot-Noellat Chambolle-Musigny and Vosne-Romanée

JF

I recently had the Cathiard Vosne Romanee and was gobsmacked at how approachable it is … fresh, energetic, lifted and more red fruited than you’d expect …really enjoyed the bottle

If we’re only talking Vosne: 17x 2015 Vosne AC - WINE TALK - WineBerserkers

Fourrier G-C VV

recent Claude Dugat Gevrey got to #22 on my overall list from the 496 wines tasted on the recent California trip. Really liking 15 for reds, I thought I was done buying red Burg, but I might have to get back in.

"2015 Claude Dugat Gevrey Chambertin

A very nice surprise from Richard. Black strawberry and all manner of spices in the nose. To taste, raspberry takes front, but it is so weighted-yet-weightless. The sublime nature of a great Burg. We chat about whether Dugat makes the best Villages-level wines of any producer. I might put Bachelet into the conversation, but this was splendid."

From just a QPR standpoint- Lafarge, Hudelot Noellat and Lignier Michelot for me. They were all really cheap.

FIFY … don’t want to appear cheap now, Ian! neener [cheers.gif]

HAHAHAHA!!! Yeah, $50 a bottle for most is NOT cheap… [rofl.gif]

Where did you find 2105 Lafarge for really cheap? I assume you’re talking the Volnay.

Locally, I can get 2015 Guillemot village Savigny for the same price as Lafarge Passetoutgrains. Now, Lafarge makes a great PTG, but that’s still a no brainer in my mind.

Speaking of which, I suspect that Guillemot Savigny is a very solid village wine. Have a bottle but haven’t tried it. Past vintages have been reliable IME.

Any favorite Burgs at $25-40 price point with a bit of earth/forest floor in them out of the 2015s you folks would recommend for 5YR+ aging potential? Would the Arlaud ‘Ronceive’ fit this bill (the CT notes aren’t convincing here). Thanks!

I just bought 2015 Camus Bruchon Savigny Lavieres for $37.49 a bottle. I like this wine. It fits your criteria.

Anyone here taste the Rousseau Clos du Chateau? Def fulfills the “best producer” part, not sure of the wine itself . . . could be interesting.

Why? Are you having second thoughts about the 3 bottles you just sold? neener

Why didn’t you try one before cashing in?

I don’t foresee any issues with 5YR+, it really could use some time. But I’m not getting any earth/Forrest at this time. I’ve no experience with prior vintages so can’t even guess if it will develop some earth with age. I really like it for what it is right now but do expect it to improve when the fruit subsidies a little and it gains some more complexity.

Can’t afford $200 Gevrey village. We all can’t be like Matt.

So spot on, thanks!

“Soft menthol and wood notes still allow the expansive earthy and almost entirely wild red berry fruit nose to be appreciated. The supple and seductively textured flavors possess a subtle minerality that continues onto the energetic, detailed and driving finish. This is excellent and the backend firms up quickly to suggest that while this could be enjoyed young, it should also age effortlessly.”~Alan Meadows, aka Burghound

Pierre Labet Bourgogne VV would fit the bill pretty well