Best Value Wine(s) of 2017

Their 2015 Trousseau and Mataro were $29. Great stuff. And the Chenin blanc was $25. They also age well.

2015 Textbook Merlot $21
2016 Tablas Creek Grenache Blanc $25

That.

I preferred the 2016. Both a steal at sub-$20. But yeah.

Been killing it with multiple, multiple cases of value wines in 2017:

2015 Innocent Bystander PN for $7 per (great cellar defender that I’m on my 5th and final case of. Somehow, the 2016 PN came in at #54 on Wine Spectator’s Top 100 of 2017)

2016 Montes Cherub Rose of Syrah for $6 (should’ve backed up the truck, but only got a trunkful instead)

2015 Bonfils Domaine de Cibadiès Pinot Noir Rosé for $6

2015 Louis Max Mercurey Clos La Marche for $10

I remember tasting this, along with the Cab, in December of '14. I was astounded by its resemblance to more expen$$$ive Napa reds. It might not be my favorite style of wine, but you have to give credit where it’s due!

Happened to have a bottle of Marietta OVR 66 tonight at a relatives house, and it’s really, really good. Dare I say best OVR ever?? Just a screaming value.

Not that this is news, but for me, I’ll predictably say the 2016 Cameron Willamette Valley Chardonnay which this year was had for $11.25 at New Seasons during their 20% case discount sale a few weeks ago. Next is the 2015 Cameron Dundee Hills Pinot which we bought here in Oregon for less than $20 per, perhaps after case discount.

There’s Seth Morgen Long WV Chardonnay at Vinopolis for $30.90. Some people would find that a value. Some people.

2016s just landed. Did you try that 2015 Kabinett trocken? I found it to be a thrilling wine, like Briords from a vintage resembling 2002 or 2014 but made from riesling.

Thanks Rich, appreciate the headsup…A 6 pack of Marietta wines that I recently ordered was to include the Arme lot 3…turns out Saratoga Wine Exchange was out of the Arme so I had them include another bottle of the OV 66…I go all the way back to lot #6 or 7 with the Marietta OV reds.

Well played my man! I’m a big fan of the OVR as well and this has to be the best I can recall. Pure blue fruits, nice acidity, and more complexity than a $13 bottle should probably have :wink: