best steakhouse in the bay area? Preferably San Fran/East Bay

Off-lines don’t really count. Then it’s more about the wines and the people than the food flirtysmile

Brian, the dry aged, bone-in rib eye was what I’ve had there the past 4 times, and each time it has been more memorable. Different tastes, different shipments of beef, or just an off night? Forgot to mention the corkage policy at Stark’s is about as good as it gets.

How could I have left Bobo’s off my short list? The bone-in filet there is phenomenal!

OK. OK. Made reservations at Bobo’s. Will post with results in a few weeks… [cheers.gif]

Rezzie in Oct made as well. Mel & I in town for a week of meetings.

Hard to say, first time I have had it and likely the last. I cooked a choice dry aged ribeye on the 4th of July and I thought it was much better. The one at Starks lacked the great nutty flavor of dry aged beef.

Ate at Bobo’s tonight. Absolutely loved it. The streak (bone in filet) was delicious, but not as delicious as the seaford. Would eat there again (more for the seafood).

Glad to hear!

Had the super bone-in filet (20 oz +) rare/medium-rare and Brussel sprouts. Excellent dinner right off The Golden Gate and our 8 hour drive. Corkage $25, first-rate wine service. Baron ruled…
image.jpg