Best recent Bourgognes

how’d you like the Jouan?

Not who you asked, but I had it recently and it was delightful – I posted a note on here a bit ago.

Recently tried one of 17’ Domaine parent, was so great. Very light and easy to enjoy, I search k&l hoping they would have more but alas they were sold out.

I like the 17 Jouan more than the 16 Jouan, but less than the 17 Fourrier. I think it’s a pretty good bourgogne that doesn’t hold a candle to the villages. Still a reasonable burg for the price and a fine weekday burgundy. I bought six, tried one, then bought six more.

You bet, buddy! Delicious young. I think it’ll age fine, too.

'17 Paul Pernot blanc was delicious last night, especially at $28

'13 Clavelier ‘Champs D’Argent’ was an eyebrow raiser

So far this year these come to mind, is by recent you mean recently drunk.

Red
2005 Jacques-Frédéric Mugnier Nuits St. Georges 1er Cru Clos de la Maréchale
2010 Domaine Robert Groffier Chambolle-Musigny 1er Cru Les Amoureuses - candidate for WOTY
1996 Louis Jadot Vosne-Romanée 1er Cru Les Petits Monts
2003 Domaine Comte Georges de Vogüé Bonnes Mares
2010 Domaine Marquis d’Angerville Volnay 1er Cru Champans
2016 Domaine Vigot Fabrice Vosne-Romanée La Colombiere

White
2014 Domaine Henri Boillot Puligny-Montrachet 1er Cru Clos de la Mouchère - Great wine!
2005 Domaine de la Bongran (Thevenet) Viré-Clessé Cuvée E. J. Thevenet - Unique style

Honourable mention (not quite burg)
2015 Château Thivin Côte de Brouilly Les Sept Vignes
2017 Enderle & Moll Pinot Noir Muschelkalk

bourgogne refers to bourgogne level wine, not burgundy.

Hi everyone,

I’ve got three recent Bourgogne Blancs to add to the mix. Over the past week, I’ve had the following three, over a few nights:

1. Dominique Lafon BB 2017
  2. Henri Prudhon BB ‘En Jorcul’ 2017
  3. Benjamin Leroux BB 2017

On pop’n’pour, I prefer the delicate nature and charm to the Leroux BB, and it had a little matchstick to paint the wine in minerals. Whereas I found the Lafon a bit short, and a bit more oriented towards a dried fruit. The Prudhon was unique, though perhaps a little disjointed and granular relative to the other two. On nights two and three, the Lafon grouped together the best. There is a phenolic feel to the Lafon that I love, where I felt the airiness of the Leroux needed more of the night one fruit profile. Both the Lafon and Leroux show notes of slightly underripe passionfruit, a flavor I really enjoy. The Prudhon showed mostly stone fruit, hanging on to green apple skin notes. These were all so different and pleasurable in some way. I have really been enjoying the 2017s that I can get my hands on/afford.

Just cracked a Pierre Labet Bourgogne VV,
what a little cracker, drinking really well now
I dont think this will age like the 2015 version but it is giving me what I want from a young Bourgogne

1 Like

2017 Laurent Ponsot Blanc and rouge.
I thought the Blanc was lovely last night and the rouge was one of the better 2017 BR that I have tried and will improve in bottle for 5 to 7 years

1 Like

2015 Serafin

Does it have the Star Trek font?

had an excellent bourgogne from hudelot noellat from 2014 about 2 weeks ago. got a killer price and kicking myself for not buying the rest. for $25, it was an insane wine. my light sampling of 2014 burgs have found them generally to be lacking a bit of acid and while fruity, ive found them to be a little flat. this bourgogne had a decent amount of acid to complement the fruit.

Interesting. As someone who has a lot of 2014 (and Hudelot-Noellat) in the cellar, not sure my experiences with the vintage mirror yours. I think the 2014s are pretty classic, higher-acid, leaner wines. At the village/bourgogne level they are pretty good for drinking now, but I don’t see them as soft/flat. Their greatest weakness is lacking the concentration of more esteemed vintages IMO.

We drank a 2013 Meo-Camuzet Hautes-Côtes de Nuits Blanc Clos Saint-Philibert last night, bought on release. Quite a nice bottle, albeit different from most white burgundy we drink. Showed some guava and pineapple, perhaps owing to the site, and was more lush, less chiselled than some. Still, surprisingly long finish and complexity for a wine of this level. I purchased for @$30 seems Kermit is asking nearly double for more recent releases.

Oh Yea, Futurist label and rubber bullet cork.

2019 Meo-Camuzet Hemisphere Nord

1 Like

'19 Mongeard-Mugneret Bourgogne - Bright, sweet, and velvety smooth. Highway robbery for $22.

1 Like