Best recent Bourgognes

Not positive about what is meant by recent Bourgognes - those from recent vintages or those I have drunk relatively recently.

With respect to recent vintages, for reds, like many others I have really enjoyed Hudelot-Noellat and Jouan. Another wine I would list is the 2015 and 2016 Dublere Chorey les Beaune. While not labeled Bourgogne Rouge, it certainly is priced like one. Then, I also want to praise the 2016 and 2017 Bourgogne Côte de Nuits Villages from Maison MC Thiriet.

For whites, I have enjoyed the last several vintages of Bernard Moreau’s Bourgogne Blanc. I also really like the 2014 from Dublere. Others priced like Bourgogne Blanc that I have enjoyed are the 2014 Lafon Vire-Clesse, the 2014 Chablis from Christian Moreau and the 2014 and 2015 Chablis from Moreau-Naudet.

In terms of what I have drunk recently, my favorite by far is the 2005 Truchot Bourgogne Rouge (paid $35 back in the day). It is one of the two best Bourgogne Rouges I have ever had - the other being a 1986 from Henry Jayer.

Not the “best” per se but I was really impressed with a 2016 Jadot Bourgogne Rouge for $18.99 (before the 10% discount for 6 or more) I grabbed from Whole Foods to make coq au vin with. Quite nice and oak free.

Just ones I’ve recently had. I didn’t mention whites, but I would definitely put 17 PYCM up there. I went very deep on it >4 cases; it’s our house white.

1 Like

Red; 2016 Faiveley
White; 2017 PYCM

1 Like

Red - '15 Meo Camuzet

White - '17 PYCM

heya folks…whats the drinking window for a bourgogne rouge from a respected producer? 2012 and 2014…are these past their prime at this point? have a good price on these two vintages and just was hoping for some guidance as to whether its worth it…i think the '14 is still fine but '12?

2016 Sauzet Bourgogne Blanc

I would prefer to taste, but if it’s a good producer I expect they are good. I’m drinking a 2010 Bertheau Bourgogne right now and it’s excellent. I recently drank a 2008 Thibault Liger Belair Bourgogne that was quite good as well.

Whether these are better than at release, I think depends on personal taste.

I’ve liked 2016 PYCM and 2017 Vincent Dancer on the white side
2015 Leroy and 2017 Hudelot Noellat for reds

PYCM '16 and '17 Bourgogne Blanc also getting a fair workout Chez Holmes.

1 Like

2010 Roulot BB was in the zone tonight. Still very lean, crisp and mineral laden. No sign of premox thank goodness.

1 Like

opened a 16 Meo Camuzet last night that was showing well. will revisit tonight!

17 Georges Glantenay was good last night, gonna pop a Regis Rossignol 15 tonight

I had a 2010 Jobard Bourgogne Blanc a couple of weeks ago that was totally delicious and in the prime drinking zone.

2017 Fourrier rouge
2017 Jouan rouge

LOts of people already drinking 2017!.. Is that right? Should I try?

2017 Louis Boillot Bourgogne has been awesome over the last few months.

17 is a fantastic vintage that is drinking wonderfully now.

2017 Arnoux Lachaux Nuits St George

• wonderful wine drinking beautifully right now. VERY excited for his 2018 lineup.

2016 Dauvissat “La Forest” Chablis

• kept going back for more. Wish I had more of these / will need to get more of these.