Best Cheap Wineglass Recommendation

I like the riedel stemless which can go on sale. Bought 4-sets at best buy for $9.99 on sale. Great daily drinker glass.

At last check, Costco has Riedel Vinum styled Bordeaux stems for cheap. Under $30 for a pack of 8. I picked up six packs as gifts dor the brother/sister in-laws so that we have decent stemware to use at family gatherings. Also 2 packs for ourselves and I didn’t even flinch when a guest broke 2 stems on the same night. Best QPR I have found if cheap stems is what you are seeking.

I’ve mostly made the jump to Grassl 1855s now, as even though they are pricier, they really are lovely and wonderful, and Chris at CJF Selections been a dream to work with both with Grassl orders and all the other glassware we’ve bought from him thanks to this forum.

But my previous everyday favorites were the Spiegelau Hybrid Bordeaux, which are dead ringers for the Zalto Bordeaux in shape, and very sturdy. You can also find them for $12-$13/each at restaurant supply stores (e.g. Spiegelau 4328035 Hybrid 23 oz. Bordeaux Wine Glass - 12/Case), though admit they were a better deal when that case was closer to $100, as it was just a few years ago.

We also used, for a decade or so, the Luigi Bormioli Atelier Cabernet/Merlot glasses for years and years which you can at places like Home Goods, T.J. Maxx or Ross for great prices ($3-$4/glass). There are lots of Bormioli-branded wine glasses, so look for those that have Son.hx glass, which is their “unbreakable” glass that is both sturdier and thinner. Bormioli’s Intenso 740s are nearly identical in shape/size to Zalto Universals.

I used to use Schott Zweisel Tritan Forte glasses, which were cheap and durable. However, after using nicer stemware (Grassl), I cannot drink out of them anymore. YMMV.

Anyone have any experience with the Madein glasses?

Yes – I ended up sending them back pretty much immediately, so can’t speak to durability or their performance. They felt clunky and clumsy, and I couldn’t see myself reaching for them. I was kind of surprised, as I have Made In cookware that I like, but the glasses didn’t do it for me. The return went smoothly for what it’s worth.

1 Like