Berserkerfest European chapter? Why not

Heads up, I’ve been landing in Copenhagen on June 11th in the morning and in Helsinki on June 14th in the morning. @LasseK and @MadsW what about getting together on the 12th?
@Otto_Forsberg, @IlkkaL, @OtsoR and @Steve_Havas, a BYOB tasting on the 14th or the 15th sounds fantastic. @Mikael_OB and @ToddFrench, It’ll be great if you can join us.

Cheers! :wine_glass:

4 Likes

oh I definitely can’t make that, as I’ll be (somewhat nearby, in comparison to here in CA) in Ireland and Scotland with my daughter!

Awesome! We’ll book a place for the tasting. I know the chances are not great but I’ll try still: @Phil_T_r_o_t_t_e_r why not fly (or drive) to Helsinki this June? :grinning:

3 Likes

can you drive there from mainland Europe? I guess there’s a couple ferries? I assume you can’t drive across Russia?

June 12th works for me :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Ferry from Stockholm, Northern Germany or Tallinn is pretty much required.

7,000k round trip.

Next time! :wink:

Next year I’ll plan for some wine and oysters in Arcachon.

Well that came out of nowhere :smile:!! Love it.

My first instinct is a strong “No” but… I’ve been known to make $hit happen for less lol.

I’m supposed to be in Italy late June and then Malta in July but I’ll see if I could do a fly in/ fly out. Likelihood is very low but I’ll work on it (wife, kids, biz, stuff). Since Ilkka ordered champagne at some point, I’d expense it on the biz :wink:.

So it would be Helsinki on the 13th or 14th?

Our regular offsite tasting room is free for 15th, but already booked for somebody else for 14th.

Since Mariano is coming to Helsinki on 14th, there’s nothing on 13th yet!

So we can easily arrange stuff for 15th, but if 14th is a better fit for most people, we can always find an alternative! Just let me know if 15th is ok or if it must be on the 14th.

And a follow-up sit-down on the 15th in Helsinki as well? :sweat_smile:

I’ll try to make it work @Mariano_Chiaramonte .
Currently i’ll be in the countryside then, but i have a stash of remote storaged wines and a potential deal with Lasse that i need to have moved from one end of the country to the other, so I can possibly drive over!

Keep me posted on the choice but don’t take my preferences into account as my chances of making it are slim. But I’m working on it though.

1 Like

I’ll order more! You need to push and hype your stuff harder, haven’t you seen those Garagiste emails? Just market all new solera wines as ”like Substance but better” and the sales will be through the roof :joy:

Would be great to see you Helsinki!

Sadly not possible.

Lets go eat at Nr. 30? I can book a table when Mads knows if he can join or not.

1 Like

Sounds great! I’ll be touching base with a couple of Danes that I know from Miami and moved back to Copenhagen so I’ll let you know shortly if someone else is joining us.

1 Like

All good, as long as they’re ok with us spending an hour deciding if to choose by our favorite regions, by color, chosen by random. Or if we should choose bottles depending on a single vintage. Maybe we should choose bottles that we know would challenge each other, but still color to be chosen by flip of coin, but get this, with a right to veto. Or maybe it should be country specific but the local region/village order of sparkling to white to red must from Z-A.

*just waiting for any of you nerds to say Savoie Sparkling, Rhone white and Alsace Pinot…

I learnt a lesson some time ago, I have to admit, I learnt it the hard way. If you are not fast and assertive in choosing your geeky bottle of wine, you’ll end up drinking Amarone :sweat_smile:

You really think I won’t re-read the winelist from A-Z and pre-order a wine before arriving, in order for me to choose what we (me) want to drink…