BerserkerDay Offer - Keating Wines OFFER STILL OPEN

In celebration of BerserkerDay, Keating Wines is making a special 24-hour offer. This offer includes:
**_- 25% off all wine purchases

• Free shipping on 4+ bottles
  • Access to two wines that will not be released until Spring_**

To activate the BerserkerDay offer, first Click Here to access the shopping cart. On the right side, you will see Redeem Coupon. Type in “BERSERKERS” to activate both discounts.

The two wines that are being offered before release date:

2008 Keating Beckstoffer Georges III Cabernet Sauvignon, $95

The Vineyard
Georges III is the old Beaulieu Vineyard no. 3 originally designed by the famous Georges de Latour (hence Georges and III) and is responsible for some of the best and most historic wines in Napa Valley’s history. I source my fruit from Block F, a premium section of the vineyard. The superiority of this small 17-acre section of the revered Georges III can be mainly attributed to the soil. Block F lies where Conn Creek used to run (which was rerouted by the Army several decades ago). The result is rocky, tough soil that is concentrated deep beneath the surface. The vineyard was replanted with clone 337, known for its silky tannin structure, and the rows were designed to maximize filtered sunlight and optimize partial shade protection during the hot afternoons. The result is premium fruit that rivals Beckstoffer’s other famous vineyards, To Kalon and Dr. Crane.

Wine Statistics
Vintage: 2008
Variety: 100% Cabernet Sauvignon
AVA: Rutherford, Napa Valley
Single Vineyard Designate: Georges III
Barrels: 100% French Oak (67% new)
Clone: 337
Alcohol: 14.2%
Cases produced: 341
Retail Price: $95
Release date: April 2011

2009 Keating ‘Buchignani’ Zinfandel, Dry Creek Valley, $28

In my opinion, and in the opinion of many experts in the wine industry, Dry Creek is hands down the best place on Earth to grow zinfandel. The combination of the soil and the weather is perfect for this particular grape. The Buchignani vineyard from which I source is a 2-acre dry farmed benchland vineyard on the northern end of Dry Creek Road. The trademark Zinfandel aromas in the 2009 Keating Buchignani Zinfandel let you know right away what’s in store. This is a fairly big Zinfandel with a long finish; the palate is dominated by flavors strawberry and basil.

Detailed Wine Information
Vintage: 2009
Appellation: Dry Creek Valley, Sonoma County
Variety: 100% Zinfandel
Barrels: 31% New (60% French Oak, 40% American Oak)
Bottling date: December 9, 2010
Time in barrels: 13 months
Alcohol: 15.4%
Cases produced: 275
Cellaring potential: 2012 - 2016
Retail price: $28

Keating Wines is a small production winery with an annual production of 1,500 cases. The wine is sold exclusively from the tasting room in Sonoma. Other releases include Rockpile Malbec, Rockpile Petite Sirah (91 points, Wine Enthusiast), Sonoma Valley Bedrock Merlot, Sonoma Valley ‘Montecillo’ Cabernet.
http://www.keatingwines.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I have tried the GIII on two different occasions and it is great stuff!

Nice deal by Eric!

If you mean for us to “click here” on the “click here” words - - you didn’t make them an active link.

fixed

Picked up 4 bottles!
Great deal.

Ted, Just click on the winery URL at the bottom of the first post, and click on ‘order wines’.

I just ordered a few bottles.

Bud:
I ended up doing that - easy process if you spell Berserkers correctly [shock.gif]

This will be a new producer for me and I am looking forward to trying the wines.

I’m in on this too. Curious about the GIII, and how can you go wrong with 25% off?

Thanks everyone for your interest and participation.

If you have any questions about the wines, please post them on this thread and I will be checking in all day to answer them.

Happy BerserkerDay! [cheers.gif]

Yes, another “buy before you try” wine for me. Looking froward to tasting the wine. Ended up with a four pack “sampler.”
I have had good luck with wines made by former Wall Street/finance professional types (AP VIn, Kutch, Shane, to name a few) so I’m interested to find out about these wines.

T.

For those that ordered in the colder states, the wine will not ship until March, possibly April depending on the forecasted weather conditions. You will be contacted by email before the wine is sent.

All other wine will ship to arrive next week.

Thanks again [cheers.gif]

Thanks. Thank you for participating.

I ordered 2 each of the not yet released stuff. Figured I would try the flagship and then bought the 09 zin.

have tasted both recently - you’ll be happy with your choices.

[edit for not reading your sig line [smileyvault-ban.gif] ]

Did not understand this.

I know most everyone is done with their shopping, but I am going to extend this offer until the end of the month for those people who weren’t available to participate yesterday.

i glanced at your avatar, and without reading your sigline asked,“Is that Clos Pegase?”

i then deleted my query since i apparently cannot read, and noted the edit. nothing more than that.

Very nice! I bit yesterday, but I’ll bump this so hopefully more people will see it.

Ah I see. Yes we had a really fun rehearsal dinner there.