BERSERKER EXCLUSIVE: Nico Rossignol's 2011 AND 2010S AND 2009s!

I’ve followed and supported the work of Nico Rossignol since the 2005 vintage. Based in Volnay, a town where virtually half of the residents share the last name “Rossignol”, Nicolas has consolidated family holdings from several branches of the family to present a stunning array of Volnay, Pommard, and Beaune 1er crus. His work has gotten more and more focused, honing and polishing his “house style” with the passing of time. The critics have excitedly recognized his work throughout this time span, but in a place where tradition and historical legacy is so prized, it is tough for any relative newcomer to earn respect in broader circles.
It seems as though the 2010 vintage may be the one that has really shaken people to attention: Allen Meadows of the Burghound awarded him with not only the highest rated Volnays of the vintage, but the highest rated young Volnay Chevret, Volnay Cailleret, and Volnay Taillepieds that he has ever reviewed! Having tasted with Nico every year for the past 6 years, this comes as little surprise to me. Nico’s passion for his craft, and knowledge of his land is profound; he is nuts for Pinot Noir. Having tasted the 2011s in his new cellar facility in Beaune, I can tell you that he isn’t missing a step, and will continue to excel, offering some of the greatest expressions of the Cote de Beaune’s finest and most celebrated parcels. Cherry pickers, get on board…
2009s and 2010s in stock.
For 2011s, 30% deposit to confirm, balance due before the wines’ departure from Beaune in the Spring 2013.
First come, First served.
To your health!

2009s:
Volnay villages $39 750 $79 Magnum
Beaune 1er Reversees $39
Volnay 1er Ronceret 93 BH $69 whole cluster…
Volnay 1er Cailleret 92-95 BH $89 750 $199 Magnum
Volnay 1er Taillepieds 93-95 BH $119 750 $249 Magnum
Pommard 1er Chanlins 92-94 BH $89 750 $199 Magnum
Pommard 1er Epenots 92-94 BH $99
Pommard 1er Rugiens 92-95 BH $119

THE 2010s of Nico Rossignol:

-Volnay 1er cru Cailleret 95 BH $99
“This is even more complex but also much more restrained with a spicy nose of plum, violets, earth, cassis and plenty of stone character. There is an abundance of sap that confers a velvety texture to the delicious, refined and well-delineated flavors that deliver superb depth and length on the mineral-inflected finish. In sum, this is an understated and positively stunning Caillerets.” 95 points

-Volnay 1er cru Taillepieds 95 BH SOLD OUT
“This is also remarkably complex with an equally restrained, cool and grudgingly taciturn nose of rose petal, black cherry and cassis that is liberally laced with stone and mineral nuances. There is terrific cut and tension to the beautifully well-delineated flavors that possess a round and silky palate impression before concluding in a driving and hugely long finish. Yet despite the superb persistence, power and intensity, this remains a wine of finesse and grand class. In a word, brilliant.” 95 points

-Volnay 1er cru Santenots 93 BH $55
“A very ripe nose of black raspberry liqueur and warm earth nuances where the latter character also suffuses the exceptionally rich flavors that ooze a plenitude of dry extract that renders the otherwise firm tannic spine almost invisible at present. This is an overtly powerful and muscular effort that is classy, harmonious and impressively persistent on the impeccably well-balanced finish. Terrific and very Santenots.” 93 points

-Volnay 1er cru Chevret 94 BH $79
“A beautiful array of floral nuances that include rose petal, lavender and violet adds elegance to the restrained, airy and cool red currant aromas. The understated and equally restrained medium-bodied flavors culminate in an exceptionally pure and tension-filled finish that is pure silk. This lacy and strikingly beautiful effort is a classic Volnay as the palate impression is gossamer fine yet this will need plenty of cellar time.” 94 points

-Volnay 1er cru Ronceret 93 BH $69
“A ripe and expressive nose mixes red and blue pinot fruit liqueur with violet and rose petal nuances. There is excellent size, weight and volume to the intense and powerful flavors that exude a sleek muscularity on the explosive and exceptionally compact finish. This is basically a block of stone right now and will need plenty of time to unwind but once it does, it should be more than worth the weight as this concentrated effort is packed with potential.” 93 points

-Beaune 1er cru Clos des Mouches 92 BH $59
" A beautifully complex nose combines notes of plum, classis, black cherry and wet stone where the latter element can also be found on the rich, intense and refined medium weight flavors. There is a lovely sense of underlying tension as well as excellent transparency along with outstanding length on the balanced finish. A wine of purity and energy." 92 points

-Beaune 1er cru Clos du Roi 91 BH $45
“This is very ripe though again it stops just short of surmaturité with its complex and enveloping nose of black cherry, cassis and violet aromas. There is plenty of overt earth character to the rich, detailed, vibrant and solidly intense middle weight flavors that exhibit impressive depth and length on the moderately austere finish. This is an unusually good effort for what is typically a run-of-the-mill Beaune 1er.” 91 points

-Beaune 1er cru Reversees 91 BH $39
“Here the nose is notably more refined than that of the Clos du Roi with ripe yet airy and well-layered aromas of plum, violet and black cherry. There is good volume and flesh to the generous middle weight flavors that possess plenty of sappy dry extract that imparts a textured impression to the mouth feel while effectively buffering the mineral-infused and moderately firm finish. A Beaune of refinement and finesse.” 91 points

-Bourgogne l’Heritiere $27 From 90 year old vines in the Pommard lieu dit “Crenilles”…this is is a great bottle of Bourgogne rouge every year…better than most Pommard villages…

2011s (prices will go up in January from the domaine…):
Bourgogne rouge $17
Bourgogne l’Heritiere $27
Beaune 1er Reversees $39
Beaune 1er Clos du Roy $39
Beaune 1er Clos des Mouches $55 (this was amazing in November)
Volnay 1er Santenots $49
Volnay 1er Ronceret $59
Volnay 1er Chevret $65
Volnay 1er Cailleret $82
Volnay 1er Taillepieds $119 (2 barrels made; price went up 30% my cost…)
Pommard 1er Chanlins $89 (1 barrel)
Pommard 1er Epenots $89! (2 barrel)
Pommard 1er Rugiens $89! (1 barrel)
Pommard 1er Chaponnieres $69 on 6+
Pommard 1er Fremiers $69 on 6+

2011s need to be confirmed by the end of December; MAGS AVAILABLE UPON REQUEST, MINIMUM 3 MAGS PER CUVEE…
If you have any questions or interests, feel free.
CHEERS!
RP

bumpity bump bump

bumpity bump

Nice wines! Wish I were in buying mode…

Robert, are you getting any 2010 mags?

Nope.
I’ve got '09 Rossignol Chanlins, Cailleret, Taillepieds, and Volnay villages in Mag. No 2010s…too little wine made.

I’ve tasted some and have been impressed with his 2010’s.

I’ve purchased a few so far.

2010 Volnay 1er Caillerets

Popped, splash decanted, followed over next 60 minutes. Subtle and delicate on entry, but ever so beguiling. Roll it around and it fans out over your palate with excellent intensity and persistence. Lovely. 94 points

2010 Pommard 1er Fremiers.

Popped, splash decanted, followed over next 60 minutes. Spicy and meaty with some noticeable oak influence and moderate refined tannin but maintains its elegance through the lengthy finish. Power without weight. Nice balancing act. No doubt this has the body to soak up the oak. 93 points.

Cheers Rob.
Yep, Nico is on his game…

2011S ADDED.

Sounds interesting. Where are these wines shipped from? Your website doesn’t seem to give a location, unless I somehow overlooked it.

I’m not Rob but he told me Delaware. Looking forward to getting my shipment! :slight_smile:

Has anybody else ordered from Rob Panzer?

I have - satisfied customer. Very easy, very straightforward

[cheers.gif]

Yes – I have ordered many cases from Rob across the price and region spectrum – he is a pleasure to work with.

I’ve bought from Rob and continue to be a customer. he gets good stuff for sure.