Berserker Day Wines - What's Everyone Drinking?

Just curious to see what fellow Berserkers are drinking this Berserker Day Friday? I’m just about to pull some wines for tonight. [cheers.gif]

Had to work past 10 tonight… the musician’s life. So, beer and scotch (Laphroaig 10 year.) Teaching tomorrow morning at 8. Good night.

2008 Carlisle, Gold Mine Ranch. Yummy.

Aubry NV champagne. 04 Betz syrah la cote rousse. Has been a good day

Sent from my Windows Phone using Board Express

Finished off the last of the 2004 Vieux Telegraphe La Crau and 2004 Alter Ego de Palmer that I opened last night. Good stuff the both of them.

A 2004 Vosné-Romanée Les Brulées by Engel, really sung on opening, meaty funk but a bit restrained on the nose now, a couple of sizes bigger on the nose. But ‘suave’ fruit, black cherries, cranberries, violets, lovely vosne-spice and an even better structure (really silky, sandy tannins) and length. Beautiful kinda sweet licquorice minerality. Had with a roasted poussin, stuffed with herbs, potatoes and porcini duxelles and a chicken jus.

Chateau Guiraud 2004 Sauternes. A rock solid decent if unspectacular Sauternes that offers a great QPR.

2007 Booker Vertigo - fantastic.
2008 Aubert Hyde - etherial

more details in cellartracker.

I got stuck in court all day and only got in on one offering. But, that evening had a Myriad Las Madres Syrah (07), it was drinking mighty fine…