Berserker Day 10...what'd ya get?

The 10% off with Hi Time got the price of the 2012 Vilmart GCd’O down to 72 bucks a bottle. That is less than Envoyer offered it, and for that price, I couldn’t pass. Thank you, Veronica–I needed to reload a few more of these.

I vowed that I would not be buying anything this year. LOL!

Bought the case of Lagier Meredith Syrah and the six-pack of Cabot AFWE aged Syrah.

As of now…
2006 Arcadian Syrah Hommage à Max
2004 Arcadian Syrah Hommage à Max
2003 Arcadian Syrah Hommage à Max
2015 Vincent Pinot Noir Silvershot Vineyard
2016 Vincent Pinot Noir Silvershot Vineyard
2016 Vincent Pinot Noir Eola - Amity Hills
2010 Azienda Agricola Platinetti Guido Ghemme Vigna Ronco Maso (Balanced Wines)
2016 Etienne Calsac Champagne Les Rocheforts Blanc de Blancs (Balanced Wines)
2014 Etienne Calsac Champagne Les Rocheforts Blanc de Blancs (Balanced Wines)
2017 Goodfellow Family Cellars Pinot Noir Berserker Cuvée
2016 Goodfellow Family Cellars Pinot Noir Heritage No. 7 Whistling Ridge Vineyard
2016 Goodfellow Family Cellars Pinot Noir Heritage No. 8 Durant Vineyard
2016 Riverain Syrah Cardiac Hill Bennett Valley
2016 Riverain Cabernet Sauvignon Tench Vineyard

Still debating, EMH, JB NEUFELD, Biggio-Hamina, and Calluna.

Josh, I bought EMH, Biggio Hamina, and Calluna LOL

Well I bit the bullet. Bought the Sandler 6 pack. Here’s to many more Berserker Days!

Pretty much everything is in that price range. Some of my favorites covering a range of wines and styles include Briceland, Cabot, Cowan, Veleta, and Vincent.

Added hersly cab vertical and Vmadrone/AXR chard and zin mixed 6 pack. Great BDX!

That was an interesting drama regarding the EMH Mag auction! Lol

Bunch of steak and Spanish gourmet stuff, only about 2 cases of wine.

Agree on Sandler - consider Cabot and Briceland, as well as Crawford Family and Ladd. (Bought from all of those today)

Man, the best and worst day of the year are today.

Best: Because it’s Berserker Day!

Worst: It’s as far from the next Berserker Day as any day of the year.

64 bottles from 8 producers. Tapping out…

Sean

12 bottles of Briceland
16 bottles of Longplay
12 bottles of Wilde
12 bottles of Cabot
12 bottles of Princess and Peasant

And the wife needed a gift idea for me so I sent her the link for the Grassl Glasses.

Got what I expected.

So far only a few:

8 bottles Riverain
7 Grassl glasses
6 bottles AXR

Debating Flannery (Hardest choice is what to get as it all looks good), Young Hagen and EMH.

Franny Beck, Goodfellow, Paetra, Sandler, Calluna, Spanish Gourmet & Flannery…

Still debating a 3 or 6 pack from another OR producer that would be new to me.

Oh yeah 102 bottles with 54 from one of those listed above - Yikes!

Great day

Great day (and weekend)! Thanks to all the producers who participated and, of course, Todd, for creating this extravaganza. I got all the (re)orders I targeted from past favorites plus a few new producers that I was interesting in trying. As always, my budget was $25/bottle avg delivered to Ohio, and it ended up at $23.50, so for the newbies who wonder what’s good in that price range, I can assure them the answer is A LOT! [Due to Ohio’s ‘minimum’ state pricing laws and the lack of good local wine stores, I buy all my wine online from out-of-state DTC vendors.] So, my final stats are:126 total bottles @ $23.50/per bottle avg. I’ll add a few cases of mostly mixed whites during spring release from several of these producers who haven’t offered those varietals yet. Beyond those spring purchases, I won’t buy much more for the year, tapping my minimal cellar to round out the household’s 250-300 bottle/year needs. As our tastes have changed to preferring the ‘lighter’ Willamette Valley and Humboldt County styles over the ‘bigger’ central and Sonoma/Napa Cali styles, including little-oaked, crisp, tart whites, I ended up with:

Rose (18)
Campesino 12
iOTA 6

Whites (22)
Goodfellow 6 Chardonnay
Longplay 4 Chardonnay
Paetra 6 Riesling
Vincent 4 Chardonnay & 2 Pinot Blanc

’Big Reds’ (6)
Castelli 6 Nebbiolo

Syrah (10)
Wilde Farm 4
Briceland 6

Zinfandel (8)
Wilde Farm 4
Briceland 4

Pinot Noir (60)
Briceland 2
Wilde Farm 4
FrannyBeck 12
Vincent 6
Longplay 12
iOTA 6
Goodfellow 18

2 Sandler 6-packs and some Grassl glasses. That’s it!

Unfortunately for me/us we’re only drinking only 2 days a week (not even drinking wine on BerserkerDay - that’s a sacrilege!) but I did re-up on Paetra, and I’m super tempted to try the l’Ecole! In fact, because we’re doing this 2-day a week thing, I’m buying far less wine, and it sucks…though then I have money for home improvements instead! Trying to drink what’s in the cellar, and fortunately I’ve got about 200 bottles of BerserkerDay wines still in the cellar

My website with BerserkerDay pricing will be up until midnight tonight. I appreciate each and every order, and sincerely hope you enjoy your wines.