BERSERKER COGNAC SELECTED! (please sign up for bottles on post 1!)

Yeah, not sure what port of entry it came through. If east coast, with monday holiday, maybe just still in transit. The notes were confusing.

You should have a tracking number. If you use USPS Informed Delivery it should be in tracking once near delivery. My email confirmation had a tracking number.

1 Like

What water?

Usps shows the same info. Attempted delivery on the 17th, which is probably not true, because the business should have been open then. No attempts after that, 3 business days later. Maybe it will turn up, but I’m a little worried it has dropped off the grid.

You might be ribbing me, but I use distilled water, of course - CA tap water is full of chlorine

1 Like

I received mine last week and popped a bottle over the weekend. It has a very intense aroma and flavor, and the higher ABV is definitely noticeable. It’s definitely different than other cognacs I’ve had (not that I’m anywhere near an expert), and I enjoyed it. Very long finish with weight and heft. Nuanced caramel flavor with some wild tastes I couldn’t place. Spice? Pepper? Citrus? Probably all of the above. Either way, I very much enjoyed it. I’d also note that I tried it both neat and with a few drops of water. I found that diluting it a tiny bit helped to open up the flavors and smooth out some of the wildness.

1 Like

My wife got white pepper and all spice on the nose, I think those notes are pretty spot on. It’s a very complex brandy.

1 Like

It was a serious question, believe it or not.
Punch on water (and mostly ice): Does Water Quality Really Matter in Cocktails? - PUNCH

Seems like you favor “soft” water since distilled is pure as opposed to a mineral water like Vichy.

2 Likes

It’s just because I don’t have Vichy around but damn, now I might have to try!

1 Like

Anyone else get pine flavors on the palate?

no, just a whiff of paint.

1 Like

Managed to retrieve mine! Went to the post office closest to delivery location to see if they could do more than I could to track. Luckily it turned out to be the main PO for that city. After some searching in their shelves, the package turned up. If I hadn’t gone over there, it probably would have disappeared.

Asked at my locker facility if they had seen USPS last Saturday, they said they never see USPS on Saturday, they seem to deliver to businesses only on week days. PO supervisor actually called the worker who “tried to deliver”, and was told he hadn’t been able to deliver because the business wasn’t open. Sigh. When USPS keeps asking for money, remember this kind of crap.

1 Like

My bottles arrived today safe and sound. They did read my notes about when to ship.

Thanks Michael for organizing this.

1 Like

Great pick, thanks Michael!

I ordered Saturday the 24th, got charged Tuesday the 27th and bottles arrived Saturday 7/1. Shipping is expensive but for that kind of service certainly worth it!

The cognac is fantastic, I love the rich fruit on the palate and the alcohol is well integrated.

1 Like

Glad you liked it! Amy let me know there are 13 bottles left!

1 Like

Dr Chang, time for another! Almost done with my bottle, had some last night at a dinner party at my house, following a 1965 Armagnac!

Id give this a shot, one of my favs.

2 Likes

Alfert will want to know how many cubes to use when enjoying it

You only bought one?

1 Like

I have an xtra if someone wants to buy one.