Berlin recommendations?

Katz Orange restaurant. Or Facil. I posted about Katz earlier - hopefully the link is attached. Had a problem with a fill-in somm at Facil, but food is great.

Cordo was phenomenal – great food, wine list and service. Casual/contemporary decor/vibe. Highly recommended!

Bumping this thread. I got into the Berlin Marathon, which is late September. We’re making travel plans, and I want to book a nice place for dinner. Usually whenever we travel, we try to make sure to book at least one really good, high-end dinner, and this time we’ll wait until a couple days after the marathon to make it a reward (afterwards is also best as I can enjoy it without it wrecking my training/preparation).

From above. it looks like the recs were:

• Ernst
  • Cordo
  • Katz Orange (seems informal?)
  • Facil
  • Horvath

Anyone have recent experiences with any of these? Anyone have new recs? Any food recs or to-do’s (general visitor/tourist) greatly appreciated.

Following. A German buddy of mine and I are heading to Germany in September for two weeks and Berlin is one of our stops.

WOW thinking about dinner in September! That is impressive. Check in with Berlin resident, gourmand and all around great person, board member Martin Zwick.

2 Likes

Thanks. I may have to PM him and point him to the thread.

So, here we go…the websites are also in english. Just click! Maybe I will add some more tomorrow, but it is a good start.

Nobelhart&Schmutzig

Ernst

Rutz

https://rutz-restaurant.de

Tante Fichte

Tulus Lotrek

Tim Raue

https://tim-raue.com

Villa Kellermann in Potsdam by Tim Raue

Note: Potsdam is 30-40min from Berlin via S-Bahn. You could also visit the beautiful Palais Sanssouci

1 Like

Rutz looks good!

P.S.

12 seasons

Faelt

Brikz

AV restaurant

CORDO

And if you should plan to travel to Potsdam/Sanssouci and visit Villa Kellerman, then you should eat the German classic Königsberger Klöpse by Tim Raue.

2 Likes

Thanks for taking the time to post these recommendations. I’m sure one of these is going to make for a great post-race dining experience, and a birthday treat for my wife.

Thanks again. [cheers.gif]

Martin - where was that great place that served the white spargel and Keller Scheurebe? I need to make a resy on my next trip.

1 Like

haha…….you are soo sweet, Robert.

Reservation confirmed! champagne.gif

1 Like

Thank you for these recommendations, planning to go to Berlin this August. Would it be possible to also get recommendations for a few good wine shops to visit in Belin as well?

First, I have the feeling that my list is already outdated. Berlin has such a dynamic restaurant-scene, every month new hot-spots.

Here the list of very good wine-shops. Of course there are much more, but for a tourist it is the best. Both are not far away from each other, around 10min

Wein&Glas

https://www.weinundglas.com

KaDeWe

1 Like

NEW promising restaurant “the NoName”. It looks like it is made for Robert Dentice. haha

Martin - I have heard good things about this spot:

Yes, good choice.

I’m just about within 2 months of when I want to dine in September. Time to make my final decision.

Best cook in Berlin according the 100 list published a few days ago, Michael Jürgen from „Nobelhart&Schmutzig“.

1 Like

I second Rutz - very good food and an equally good wine list. I went a few years ago and I recall them having an a la carte menu which I don’t see anymore.

If you’re looking for late drunk food, head to Mustafas Gemüse Kebap. Be prepared to stand in line at all times of the day.