Beef Ribs Recipe Needed

Season and sous vide for 48 hours at 135. Finish on a charcoal grill or broil.

So you want these specifically? Ordinary chuck short ribs won’t do?

I eat short ribs with moderate regularity, so I wanted something different. My SO decided to throw them in the pressure cooker to make them Chinese style, with a black bean sauce. They tasted fine, but I prefer them to be grilled and a bit tough to gnaw off the bone.

Got only a gas grill I take it?

Yes, it’s gas. A pretty powerful model that for the life of me I don’t understand (Linda likes to grill so I cede my man card and let her at it).

Okay so…
You need to cook these, depending upon size, for maybe three hours, at maybe 225? All variable, but let’s say.

With some soaked wood chips from the grocery store, and a smoker box from Weber at the hardware store, or just one of those disposable thin aluminum baking tins covered with foil w holes poked here and there… you should be able to get an initial smoke in your gas grill. Just fill it with soaked chips and put it over the flames till it smokes, then maybe slide it toward the corner. And with some brown sugar in your rub you’ll get some of that nice dark crunch on the outside that you might otherwise need a long time in a smoker to achieve. You need a big enough grill that you can achieve 225 in the box but not have the sugared up ribs near a flame.
Smoke will get you that pink ring and flavor. Sugar along with salt and pepper and whatever else you like will get you a nice bark. And three hours at 225 will get you that succulence without the falling apart pressure cooker braised effect you don’t want.