Bedrock Wine Co. Winter Release Save The Date

Take this for what it is worth Alfert, but even the syrah is vintage dependent (imagine that!). For me generally the fruit tames around year 5. What I like about Bedrock syrah is the fruit, earth, and perfume are always there, it is a matter of figuring out what timing works best for you. 2012 recently drank fresh as a newly dried chamois.

No room, but in for 2 cases (if the 3 bottle T5 wish is granted). As hard as I try to say no, I keep finding myself ordering more Bedrock. In this release the absolute must-haves for me were Oakville Farmhouse and Monte Rosso.

Proud of myself for keeping it to a single case:

3 x Monto Rosso
3 x Dolinsek
2 x Oakville Farmhouse
2 x Under The Mountain
2 x Pagani

So bummed. Atramentous was edited out. A whole slew of OV loving readers is poorer for it and will have to hope for new words in future mailings. Or at least a few OV loving readers… Maybe.

Will be in for far too many. I keep telling myself 2018 is the vintage of the year…

Initially had over 2 cases in my shopping cart and dialed it back to 20. More of a cost issue than space right now. Wish listed more Oakville and of course the cab. Thanks Morgan and Chris + team.

2 2018 Bien Nacido Vineyards X Block Syrah Santa Maria Valley
4 2018 California Syrah
2 2018 Dolinsek Heritage Wine Russian River Valley
2 2018 Hudson Vineyard Syrah, T’n’S Blocks Napa Carneros
1 2018 Monte Rosso Zinfandel Moon Mountain District
2 2018 Oakville Farmhouse Red Wine Oakville, Napa
2 2018 Pagani Ranch Heritage Wine Sonoma Valley
2 2018 Pato Vineyard Heritage Wine Contra Costa
2 2018 Schmiedt Road Zinfandel Lodi
1 2018 Under the Mountain Heritage Wine Santa Clara

Bit scattershot since other than the Pato, trying new things. But the Bien Nacido X Block Syrah sounded right up my alley.

3x Bien Nacido X Block
3x Pato
2x Dolinsek
1x California Syrah
1x Wirz Riesling
WL Farmhouse
WL T5 Cab

After placing my order I realized that the Hudson Syrah offer was for the 2018 vintage, meaning that I missed out on the 2017 Hudson Syrah. Not sure how this happened and I did not see it in previous release notes. Was a 2017 Hudson Syrah released last year?

I don’t have any in my cellar so I would say no unless I missed it. Only 7 bottles on CellarTracker which make me wonder if they are errors.

Not on the Bedrock website anywhere.

I don’t believe there was a 2017 Hudson Syrah bottled last year.

Same, Farmhouse available but T5 wish list only. I’m a huge fan of Morgan’s work with Bordeaux grapes, maxed out the T5 wish list. Really wish I could have ordered more though, especially the Schmiedt Road :frowning:

Hard to stick to just 1/2 case but that’s what I made myself do.

2x Bien Nacido X Block
1x Cali Syrah
2x Dolinsek Heritage
1x Riesling
1x T5 (wishlist)

I kept it to a case for the 1st time (college expenses, etc.). Since I was allocated T5 and turned it down, someone will be happy ; )

Cheers,
JP

Farmhouse yes, T5 no.

So many choices so little time, I do love the heritage wines.

I went with equal parts Monte Rosso, Dolinsek and Oakville Farmhouse.

Had to stop at a case as they are still holding my two cases from the last release.

2 2018 Bien Nacido Vineyards X Block Syrah Santa Maria Valle
1 2018 California Syrah
2 2018 Dolinsek Heritage Wine Russian River Valley
1 2018 Hudson Vineyard Syrah, T’n’S Blocks Napa Carneros
2 2018 Monte Rosso Zinfandel Moon Mountain District
2 2018 Oakville Farmhouse Red Wine Oakville, Napa
2 2018 Wirz Vineyard Old Vine Riesling Cienega Valley
Wish listed a T5.

The next six weeks are going to be brutal for deliveries as our temps are finally moderating a bit.

202 750ml bottles and 6 Magnums… Drumroll please…

84E1BD8B-4AAF-40E2-AF65-44F8D9D220F3.jpeg
Uh, no way!

To everyone who has offered to share their Bedrock with me, I should clarify that the only reason I’m not buying more is because of my limited budget right now - lord knows my allocation isn’t an issue, must be like 6-8 cases or something redonk like that.

Really appreciate all the offers to share tho, y’all are very generous!!!

[cheers.gif]

Just cracked a 2014 Monte Rosso, Unreal at 5 years. Our second release and in for way too much wine again! Fingers crossed for the T5!