Bedrock Wine Co. Winter Release Save The Date

Bien Nacido, Pato, Dolinsek and Schmiedt will top my list.

Yes, buy it.

I tried it this weekend at the tasting room. It’s really pretty and has black pepper in spades. You can tell it’s syrah without a second thought but the winemaking is very much in the same style as the rest of the 2018 lineup. Medium weight, balanced acidity, red fruited and rather harmonious. Don’t think you’re getting a Rhône ringer wine, but man that black pepper note pops!

I opened one up just a few weeks after they arrived with the rest of that offer and it was great. its got a long life ahead and was a baby but yum

Farmhouse. To be honest I have a vertical back to 2013 and have not cracked a single one. [whistle.gif]

Thanks Matt and Michael. I’ve had syrahs from this fruit from Bonny Doon, but hadn’t dared to open one of these yet, so appreciate the feedback on style.

Morgan’s style with this fruit is different than the Santa Barbara County winemakers. A little less extracted, lean, pure, more elegant. The fruit shines through more than the winemaker.

Fantastic - thanks so much for the notes! I had to bust out the dictionary this time - definitely a rarity to have to look up descriptions in a wine offering. Atramentous, yo! Some future gems here, no doubt.

Kept it to just over a case + wishlists:

2x Bien Nacido
4x Cali Syrah
2x Dolinsek
2x Oakville
2x Pagani
2x Under the Mountain

Wishlisted all I could of the cab

Kept it to 15, lots of xblock and MR.

Killer price on the Cali syrah, nice for a house wine. What does it drink like? It’s been years since I had one. The initial years it was a bit ripe and BBQ for my palate. Love the OV Zin.

So far, Farmhouse for sure, Block X and some field blends/Zins.

Bummed to get only 1 wish list for the Cab, but I get it.

2x Bien Nacido
3x Cali Syrah
2x Dolinsek
1x Oakville
2x Pato
1x Under the Mountain
1x Monte Rosso

Nice little early Christmas gift to myself.

Edit: Nevermind, refreshed and it worked.

YOUR ORDER
2 2018 Dolinsek Heritage Wine Russian River Valley
1 2018 Monte Rosso Zinfandel Moon Mountain District
YOUR WISH REQUESTS
1 2016 Montecillo Vineyard Cabernet Sauvignon T5
2 2018 Oakville Farmhouse Red Wine

Did anyone have the option to have the Farmhouse and T5 not as wish requests?

I was offered two farmhouse directly, but Dolinsek wasn’t even listed on the page!

Edit: Nevermind, I refreshed and there it is.

So (oof, that’s a lot):

YOUR ORDER

2 2018 Bien Nacido Vineyards X Block Syrah Santa Maria Valley
2 2018 California Syrah
2 2018 Hudson Vineyard Syrah, T’n’S Blocks Napa Carneros
1 2018 Judge Sauvignon Blanc Bennett Valley
2 2018 Monte Rosso Zinfandel Moon Mountain District
2 2018 Oakville Farmhouse Red Wine Oakville, Napa
1 2018 Pagani Ranch Heritage Wine Sonoma Valley
1 2018 Pato Vineyard Heritage Wine Contra Costa
1 2018 Under the Mountain Heritage Wine Santa Clara
1 2018 Wirz Vineyard Old Vine Riesling Cienega Valley
2 2018 Dolinsek Heritage Wine (hopefully to be added to the order)

YOUR WISH REQUESTS

1 2016 Montecillo Vineyard Cabernet Sauvignon T5

Pretty similar
2 Monte Rosso
2 Pagani
2 Hudson
1WL T5
2WL Farmhouse

Had to resist buying everything I’ve completely run out of room!

Farmhouse yes, T5 no. Assume T5 is being handled similarly to recent very small production wines (e.g. the special Evangelho in a recent release) and being wishlist only.

I only did 6 Cali Syrah, in addition to the OVZ this is just a stupidly good QPR and standard weekday gulper in my house.

I needed to keep this order smaller after going in for 3 cases earlier in the year during the fall release.

I was allocated Farmhouse, but wishlist only T5.

TW

Same for me, and based on my Bedrock experience with their super generous allocations, I’d presume Northup is correct.

I, ahem, managed to hold myself to a “restrained” 4 cases (cough), even though I just got my last order a week or so ago from Bedrock and already had no place to put it, the wines are just too good to pass …And I’d stack that Farmhouse up against any bottle 3x its price point.

Yeah I haven’t popped any of my old Farmhouse yet so I went looking for notes on CT, not much there, but generally very positive. Going to have to look here. Of course I ordered more anyway!

And yeah, allocated Farmhouse but T5 wishlist only.