Bedrock-Coming August 2nd!!

Hey Levi,

I wish I had some sexy answer but this one is pretty simple. Unlike the 09 Griffin’s Syrah where I felt the 2010 Bedrock Heirloom was showing way better and it made more sense to release it, the '08 Lauterbach simply comes down to TTB label approval. Right now due to budget cuts the TTB is running a skeleton staff and it is taking four weeks to get label approvals done. If something is not right on the label, and given the amount of back text I have this is not uncommon, it takes another few weeks for resubmission. Basically, I could not get the label approval done in time for bottling and will be forced to bottle into shiners. The Lauterbach will be part of the Winter Release though so do not worry too much! The TTB might try to kill my spirit but it will not kill my will.

I ordered my wine about 3 hours before I received the e mail. [swoon.gif]

Been on list bit over a year (just about two), offered at least 3 everything on list and ordered all the reds up for grabs and wait-listed a few more to bring it up to two full cases. (Won’t count on it, but in past always got all my wait-list requests.)

Bedrock is one of only two wineries that has yet to produce a bottle I haven’t enjoyed and felt was good value for the money.

My order is in. I like the well-written newsletter and I think Morgan’s passion for old-vineyards is evident in the few Bedrocks I’ve had so far. They’ve all had “character”. But I don’t like 4 mailers a year, especially if I’m downgraded to wishlist status if I skip just one.

I am so glad to know that someone actually reads the newsletter!

A few clarifications though. There are three Bedrock mailers in a given year, each with 6-7 wines-- generally one in March, one in August, and another in November. There is also one for Abrente, which is a label I make with MIchael Havens that members of the Bedrock Wine Co. mailing list receive but that is not really Bedrock. No one is downgraded to wish-list status unless they miss three releases, aka. a whole years worth, of releases. I realize I make a lot of different wines in a number of styles and not all of them are for everybody!

Thanks so much everyone for the wonderful success of the mailer- it really is an amazing and humbling feeling. It is the most successful one yet and there looks to be a little wine for members of the Waiting List to jump on next Tuesday.

Bought my full allocation of the Old Lakeville and the Red Wine #2 and picked up some Heirloom and Zin’s. I only bought 1 Lakeville last year and that was a mistake. My quick note it was; “A knockout wine. Stock up next time.”

Thanks for the clarification Morgan. That is good to know. I’m sure the logistics of divvying up your wine is difficult.

Not to be a stickler, but I’m looking back on my emails, and see offerings for fall 2010, winter 2010, spring 2011 and summer 2011. That’s 4, right?

Joe,
Morgan said 3 from Bedrock plus the Abrente which is a joint bottling/offer.

Hey Joe- I think some of the confusion right now is because the company that does my email campaigns accidentally called this release the Summer Release in the subject line when in reality it is the Fall Release, which is what it is actually titled on the email. There is only one more release coming up this year and that will be in November. Hope that clears things up!

The Heirloom White is one of my Favorite from CA. Bright clean, fresh, tropical fruit without being ripe. No butter or cream. Perfect for this time of year, Take it down to Tamales Bay and shuck come Hog Island Oysters an be prepared to be in pure bliss. I prefer the 2010 to the 2009 yes I had the great privilege of getting a bottle for the 2010 at Morgan’s last pickup party (BTW Arnot Roberts makes a good version of the wine as well). He kindly swapped some bottles with me. Also Bedrock Red Wine #2 is so bad a$$. i cannot what for the new wines to come online. Morgan is one winemaker I do not hesitate to hand my dough over to. I cannot wait for the new bottlings to come online. Get them while you can because there will be little room in the future to pick and choose, there is no doubt that with more time Morgan will hone his skills vintage by vintage and the supply will far outcede demand. I cannot wait for horizontals of Bedrock with other producers sharing the same vineyards. Morgan congrats to picking up the Casa vineyard (among the others). I will be interested to see the different expressions that you and Gafner bring to the table.

Hi Morgan,

I didn’t get an allocation of the Red Wine #2 and wishlisted for a few. Just wondering if mailing list “wishes” get fulfilled prior to offers going out to the wait list or vice versa, and when notification re: “wishes” occurs?

Thanks,
Andy

And to add onto this, when exactly are allocations guaranteed until? I think it said 5 days, so does that mean I have until EOD Saturday to order? I’m hopefully closing on a mortgage today, so trying to avoid any big cc hits before that closes!

The last release was on Tuesday March 8, wishlists were invoiced the following Monday March 14, and waitlist opened Tuesday March 15.

With a 5 day guaranteed allocation, it follows that yes, the guaranteed allocation ends Saturday, then Morgan has a busy Sunday granting the wishlists, which are done before waitlisters get their shot.

Hey Guys,

Right now it looks like the majority of wish-list requests should be able to be granted (we are tight on Portis and Red Wine #2 but most people will get what they want). The allocation period will end Sunday at 12 PM PST as we got the release out a little later than expected on Tuesday. Wish-list requests will be looked at on Monday and then whatever is left (some Monte Rosso Zinfandel, Bedrock Heirloom Wine, and Sonoma Valley Old-Vine Zinfandel) will be offered to the Waiting List on a first-come, first-serve, basis. Hope this clears things up, and thanks again to everyone for such a wonderful release!!

Thanks for clarifying, Morgan, and congrats on another successful release.

Andy

I got an updated invoice this morning with all my wishes granted [dance-clap.gif] Thanks Morgan!

I got my wish list granted too. Booyah!

+1 Thanks Morgan!

+2 Thanks Morgan!

I tried to restrain myself from asking for too many extras, but I’m glad I got everything I asked for. That was a Killer week in terms of wines I "had’ to buy.