Bedrock-Coming August 2nd!!

Very much looking forward to the addition of Shanel. I loved the Ramey syrahs from Shanel and was disappointed he let that go… But glad to know it’s back…

Due to “extreme temperatures along the shipping route” I’m still waiting to receive Spring’s order. [whistle.gif] [beg.gif]
[worship.gif] With Morgan describing his new releases it makes the waiting even more unbearable.

+1, I share your pain.

If you pass on one mailer, do you get kicked off the list?

Yes and no. Not quite kicked off, but your allocation goes to zero and you can wish list some stuff. That is what happened to me. I joined the list a little before I was ready to buy (thought I heard about a wait list, but was wrong) - and now I still get the newsletter, but my allocations are zero. I am going to try and wishlist a few things and see what happens.

(edit - I was wrong and found out I am on the wait list as a newcustomer and may get a chance to request some wines this time - so disregard my comment as I wasn’t correct)

I see that the offer is up! (Yes, I did peak early and haven’t yet receive the notification email.)
As compared to the list Morgan provided above, it looks like he chose to hold back the Griffin’s Lair and the Lauterbach Hill (unless I didn’t get an allocation for it, in which case I shall cry and beg pathetically). In their place the 2010 Bedrock Heirloom is included in this release.

Bedrock is up. I didn’t get an email though. I wasn’t offered the Lauterbach Hill or Griffin’s Liar.

Yeah I didn’t get offered those either and the Bedrock Heirloom is on there as well.

See my post above. I’ve also since read the tasting notes for Old lakeville, in which Morgan mentions deciding not to release the Griffin’s yet.

Just got the mailer. No mention of the Griffin’s Lair. Lauterbach is mentioned in the November release. Edit: He said he is letting the lion brood.

That was painless. [swoon.gif]

No more mailers for a couple months please! [suicide.gif]

No Heirloom White, Lakeville Syrah, or Red Wine #2 for me. Easy pass.

My favorite offer of the season! Who but Morgan could use “Medusa’s serpentine follicles” in a winery release letter?

I bought it all and wish listed more.

Chris, you might consider trying the wishlist function. No guarantee but AFAIK everyone’s wishlist got filled last time around. Anyway I have a friend who was waitlist last time (first time buyer = zero allocations) and got everything he asked for.

Good advice. I’m allocated a few of each of those and I won’t be taking all of them. Ok, well maybe I’ll take my 3 allocated Heirloom Whites, but I’m leaving some Lakeville Syrah and Red Wine #2 for sure.

Taking Monte Rosso and Old Lakeville, have to leave the rest in the wake of this week’s financial bloodletting.

I left some Red Wine #2 on the table. It’s interesting, but with so many bottlings, given the choice of breadth of depth, I’d rather go deep on the Monte Rosso, Bedrock Heirloom, and Compagni Portis.

Joined the list on the Spring offering. Offered all of the Zins/Heirloom Red and that’s about it. Buying those and wish-listing everything else.

Morgan,

If you are still following this thread, could I ask why you pulled the Lauterbach from this release? I was drooling just a wee bit when I read about this “freak show”. Not ready after almost 3 years in the ol puncheon? Just curious…