BD15 Delivered and Drunk

@Chris_C_a_r_y thanks for your notes here. Your email and reactions definitely get me thinking about BD options going forward. The hubs and I just drank some Fogline from BD15, elegant as a Zin - you might consider trying it going forward. Aromas alone are worth the price of admission. Bougetz cabs are amazing. Prima Materia has some powerhouses from Lake County - some, we’re giving more time, and the others that just arrived are in the hopper for me to not open all at once to try those varietal offerings from them for the first time.

1 Like

Three from Saunter: 2020 Swagger Merlot and the 2019 La Ciboulette Chardonnay were both clean and light. The 2019 Paras Vineyard Chardonnay was excellent. I found it rich, vibrant and intriguing.

The 2019 Petite Sirah from Theopolis Vineyards was very good. California sunshine with a burst of red fruit as an exclamation point.

1 Like

Corovin’d a glass of the 2018 Fine Disregard Sonoma Grenache last night, my first taste of this producer. Very enjoyable, the brightness and freshness were the most notable aspects. Cherry, some spice, quite smooth even without any decant. Excited to work through the rest.

1 Like

Drinking the 2021 Violin Koosah PN tonight and really digging it. The wine is a bit dark and loamy, with cherry pit and a tiny hint of cola (in a good way). It is an engaging wine, with a long finish that has me dwelling on its nuances. I think this will benefit from a few more years in the cellar, but it is an absolute pleasure now.

Believe the hype.

3 Likes

Glad you enjoyed this one Brad. And I hope you had a chance to feel out the tannins over some time, like in a day two scenario. I think as the wine opens the “fineness” of the texture improves. Cheers!

1 Like

Did you by any chance purchase and taste the 2019 Saunter Red Head Vineyard Cab from BD15 yet? I have bought many of the Saunter Eagle Summit Cabs from past BD’s, they have been really great…but I never bought the Red Head Cab until this recent BD…

@ray_ormand I’m with you on the Theopolis - really enjoyed the wines from BD14!

Stereophonic just arrived, and I can’t wait to hear the music! Seriously though, six bottles of 2018 The Dream of Spring red blend arrived in perfect shape. Any ideas here on drink windows and decanting from folks who have drunk it before?

@Jason_L what are your thoughts on the when/how for The Dream of Spring? And how are you doing these days? I saw some older posts about you working through a surgery and just wanted to wish you the best year ever!

1 Like

That’s good juice. Great vineyard, owner, and winemaker.

1 Like

@JulesD bravo for a Jonas Vingegaard reference in wine country, and for the most excellent Sabelli-Frisch! I think his Mission was my favorite of the BD sampler pack past year.

1 Like

I love cycling.

And I’ve also discovered that I’m loving Sabelli-Frisch wines. We’ve had the 21 Petit Manseng and the 20 Faun Zinfandel and they’re just beautiful wines—so interesting and delicious.

1 Like

Just cracked a '21 Broken Radios from Championship Bottle. Wonderful nose, and wonderful flavor - a beautiful wine. Similar in spirit to Lust Little Crushes, which is already one of my wines of the year.

1 Like

They are very much in the spirit of one another. Broken Radios was originally named that because we thought working with Whistling Ridge fruit was a one-off (sweet songs never last too long…), so we changed the name once the vineyard source shifted in '22. I’m really glad you’re enjoying them.

1 Like

Dream of Spring is such a great wine. For what it’s worth, I’ve found it’s in a great spot right now, and generally doesn’t need much of a decant at all. I’ve gone through half a case in the last year of those 2018s.

2 Likes

Cabot Klamath 07 and 14 bubbles opened so far. Both wonderful. Red Electric chard and Perkins Harter bubbles on deck for this weekend.

Goodfellow berserker Cuvee chard was very nice; precise with very little weight and nice acidity

1 Like

Tonight, I am sipping on the Sabelli-Frisch 2018 Mission La Malinche. It is excellent. I commented about it in response to a note from @ChrisBr in the S-F BD15 thread:

2 Likes

You got yours already?

Yeah yesterday