Awful wine labels

Ummmmmm…
IMG_3461.JPG

Just creepy AF.

BTW, this is an AWESOME label, and Google what soffocone means…if you can’t figure it out from the picture…

Why did they put Chris Berman on the label?

Another candidate. Throw a dart at Ed Hardy.

Taken as a set, the Mephisto and Ange labels make me wonder if Fred Niger is trying to tell us that he’s a Dan Brown fan…

The vineyards are small old vine Garnacha plots scattered throughout the Gredos mountain about an hour outside of Madrid. They’re high altitude (e.g. >800 meters) with ridiculously rocky soils. As I understand it, the running joke is that because of those conditions, only Martians would ever farm the vines.

Thanks, Mike. That makes sense.

Here are some more nominees in response to the OP. These are British Columbia wines. I can’t imagine the prudes at ATF (or whatever it’s calling itself these days) would approve these labels for the US market:
N Van wine labels.JPG

That one is the worst. Not only ugly, but such tacky self aggrandizement.

I admit some of the quoted labels above are horrible - but are they really quality wine ? [scratch.gif]

(I mean it´s not only about _finding tasteless label_s - I think the question was about products with some reputation - no ?

The one I posted (Secret Squirrel) is Corliss’ declassified juice and people in the biz locally think it punches quite far above its $22 price.

What do people think of the new Selbach-Oster labels? I find them severe and somewhat frightening.

David, I agree the new Selbach Oster labels are not my favorite, but I do love the wine inside so I will continue buying…

What’s wrong with the Lewis label? I kind of like it.

Yeah those are pretty severe!