Auction shipments to NC?

Winebid is saying no to shipping to NC. Has anyone else been able to get auction wine shipped here?

[shrug.gif]

Chris, you can always use a 3rd-party shipper. The one we use in the Bay Area is The Packaging Company (650) 246-1415. They have been very good and we use them a lot.

Poppy, nice avatar…does Aaron know you are flirting with the boyz like that?

Thanks Poppy. I guess that means you pay for shipping twice. [shrug.gif]

I emailed Winebid with the NC rules:

Limited direct shipment permitted. Effective October 1, 2003, holders of Federal Basic Bonded Winery and Bonded Wine Cellar permits, located within and outside this state, may obtain a Wine Shipper Permit. Wine Shippers are authorized to ship not more than 2 cases of wine per month to any one individual purchaser. These shipments must be for personal use only and not for resale. All shipments must be made through an approved Common Carrier. (¶¶7368 §18B-1001.1). Bonded Wineries and Wine cellars must complete a Wine Shipper Permit Application and submit the required documents. Shipper must submit a Brand Listing indicating all brands that will be sold. This form must be amended accordingly to add or remove brands so that the Commission has an updated list of brands being shipped. Quarterly Reports must also be completed and submitted to the Commission by January 1, April 1, July 1, and October 1.

Not sure what you mean there? The Packaging Company will pick up your purchases and ship them.

I’m sure WineBid is aware of the shipping laws. It is not as simple as just registering for a permit. There are quarterly reports involved and these are very complicated. WineBid is a small company and I’m sure cannot justify the time and expense of doing this. I know we (Bonhams) are in the same boat.

I think he’s learned by now that I’m not one to be tamed. [dance.gif]

[cheers.gif]

Excellent, thanks. I figured Winebid shipped to the packaging company and they then reshipped. Much better! I’ll let you know what Winebid says.

So do the NC rules appear to be more onerous than most? It’s one of the few “shipping states” they won’t ship to.

Chris