AUCTION: Random Wine Company 2013 Destiny Ridge Vyd Syrah Viognier - Magnum

Donor: Beau Carufel
Value: Can’t put a price on beauty!
MinBidIncr: $5
Auction Closes: 10:30pm ET 1/30/16

Hey Berserkers, here is some info about this wine. I only bottled 12 magnums in total, out of 5 barrels produced, so this is a rare creature to be sure.
IMG_7646.JPG
2013 Syrah/Viognier Horse Heaven Hills: My first attempt at co-fermenting the two grapes, but something I’d wanted to do for years. I love the wines of Cote-Rotie, and here in Oregon I was inspired by Marcus Goodfellow’s Matello Fool’s Journey to do the same. All the fruit hails from Destiny Ridge Vineyard, the syrah coming from Block 1 (Phelps Clone) and the Viognier from a few blocks further down the bluff. I destemmed about 3/4 of the syrah, leaving a quarter in the bottm of the open-top fermenter as whole cluster. The viognier went on top, where it gradually integrated with the syrah over the 5 day cold soak. I did punchdowns and pumpovers twice daily during a 9 day fermentation. The wine was pressed at dryness to five neutral French oak barrels, where it sat for 18 months.

$70.

Is this for 1 mag or 2 as pictured?

Just one, I couldn’t find any single-bottle shots. My apologies for any confusion.

If we break $100, I promise NOT to sign the magnum! (Unless you really want me to)

And maybe I’ll throw in another bottle 750ml, of something fun.

$105

Nice!