AUCTION: Patricia Green Cellars Singularity Pinot Noir Vertical Case - LOT #1

Donor: Jim @ Patricia Green Cellars
Value: $1,000,000
MinBidIncr: $10

The Return of the Singularity Case(s) Auction Item Offer

It has been a long time since we offered up this particular package as a Berserker Day Auction Item. In fact, it has only happened once before and it was so long ago that I cannot even find my notes on it despite an extensive search of my computer. I am guessing it was on the 2016 Berserker Day. No matter.

This lot is either two separate cases (they’re the same) or, if someone has the winning bid on both cases, a 2 case lot where I will, if you so desire, travel to your city (within reason, I am not traveling across the world for this) and do a tasting/dinner with the wines for you and whatever drinking friends you have that would be interested. Alternately, if you and yours are around and about we could arrange for the dinner to happen at the winery and, at that point, it’s Katie Bar The Door.

Each case contains two Patricia Green Cellars Singularity Pinot Noir bottlings from the 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2021 vintages. Is that a double vertical?!?

Singularity in an in-house bottling that we have done nearly every vintage since our inception (2000, 2003, 2009 and 2020 excepted). We had a running joke with a long time patron and mentor that this was Our Wine. And, in many ways, that’s what it is. This is a bottling that has never exceeded 8 cases in production. It comes from the heart of between 3-6 barrels that represent our favorite barrels of the vintage. These tend to be barrels that have some tension and personality that we always have treasured. We don’t sell this wine. It has never been for sale. For years it was simply wine that Patty and I kept for ourselves. Now, since her passing, I give most of the bottles away to my staff. I do still keep some for myself, so these are straight from my personal cellar.

The construction of the wines from these vintages are as such:

• 2015: 25% Freedom Hill Vineyard Coury Clone 100% WC, 25% Durant Vineyard Bishop Block 20% WC, 20% Olenik Vineyard Wadensvil Block 60% WC, 15% Weber Vineyard 100% WC, 10% Freedom Hill Vineyard Dijon 115 100% WC, 5% Estate Vineyard Etzel Block

• 2016: 25% each; Arcus Vineyard Block 5 20% WC, Estate Vineyard, Bonshaw Block (yes, this is the 100 Point wine from that vintage), Freedom Hill Vineyard Coury/Dijon 115 co-ferment 20% WC, Weber Vineyard 100% WC

• 2017: Durant Vineyard Bishop Block 100% WC (18%), Hyland Vineyard Coury Clone (24%), Arcus Vineyard Block 5 100% WC (18%), Freedom Hill Vineyard East Liberty Dijon 115 (24%), Freedom Hill Coury Clone 50% WC (16%)

• 2018: 30% Estate Vineyard Lakeview Block 50% WC, 30% Hyland Vineyard Coury Clone 17% WC, 20% Estate Vineyard Winery Old Vine Block 50% WC, 20% Ridgecrest Vineyard 1982 Pommard 33% WC

• 2019: 33% each Corrine Vineyard Wadensvil Block, Freedom Hill Vineyard Wadensvil Block, Estate Vineyard Confluence Block Wadensvil

• 2021: 33% each Arcus Vineyard Block 2 50% WC, Estate Vineyard Lakeview Block 100% WC, Freedom Hill Vineyard East Liberty Wadensvil 50% WC

As you can see this is a diverse bottling that includes the best of the best our selections. There may be no rarer bottling of wine that will cross the website at any point on Berserker Day or any other point. These 6 vintages have never been tasted (or at least opened) by anyone not associated with Patricia Green Cellars.

This is a completely unique opportunity to both land a wine that goes beyond scarce and do so in the process of supporting a website that does what few others can. This site is ostensibly about wine and the things that revolve around wine but it is much more largely a site about community. There will be any number of amazing and interesting auction items this year, as there always are, but I would hope this particular item(s) would spark an extra level of bidding action.

5 Likes

$50

$200

$216

1 Like

$300

$325

$400

$450

$450

$500

$550