Auction Item: How about some OLD WORLD! Barolo Vertical!!! CLOSED

Okay, you Old World fans - we’re about to blow BerserkerDay up with not only some Old World wines, but some OLD WINES! Take a look at this incredible Barolo Vertical from Germano Angelo:

Barolo ‘Vigna Rue’ DOCG 2007
Barolo ‘Vigna Rue’ DOCG 2006
Barolo ‘Vigna Rue’ DOCG 2005
Barolo ‘Vigna Rue’ DOCG 2003
Barolo ‘Vigna Rue’ DOCG 2001
Barolo ‘Vigna Rue’ DOCG 2000 MAGNUM (just upgraded!)
Barolo ‘Vigna Rue’ DOCG 1999
Barolo ‘Vigna Rue’ DOCG 1998

Barolo ‘Mondoca Dardi’ DOCG 2003
Barolo ‘Mondoca Dardi’ DOCG 2001
Barolo ‘Mondoca Dardi’ DOCG 2000 MAGNUM (just upgraded!)

Barolo ‘Vigna Rue’ DOCG 2007 MAGNUM

Now we have THREE mags in this deal - Nine 750’s and 3 mags!

Valued at $1,300.00, IF you could even find it…

Place your bids here, and we have to start at $800.00 (let’s call it a reserve price). That’s 11 bottles of Barolo (a vertical and a mini-vertical) AND a magnum, folks!

Check out the notes on CellarTracker - Search tasting notes for 'angelo germano barolo' - CellarTracker" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Auction ends at 4:00 p.m. PST, 7:00 p.m. EST

8 hundo!

eight fifty!

Whomever buys this can bring it to a BerserkerFest and I get to taste each one first!

DIBS!

seconds!!

These wines get a touch of used Tonneu but no barrique…
the only wine maker to have grapes is “Vigna Rue” is B. Mascarello
“Mondoca Dardi” is Monforte fruit…

also, the 2007 Barolo leaves Italy next week and will be here early March (along with Davide Germano and my other members of the “piemonte posse”, Olek Bondonio and Andrea Bosco)

Shipping is free or you can pick up at Legend Cellars if you are local.

all i can say is wow fricken wow…but my wife would divorce me. flirtysmile

If Ed wins it…Seattlefest! [dance-clap.gif] [dance-clap.gif]

Little too rich for my blood but hope this isn’t the end of Old World offers!

This Closes at what Time?

I’ll decide later, so be sure to get your bid in so you don’t miss it!!
[pwn.gif]

Hey, i completely understand and applaud your devotion… but please consider that most Barolo has a longer drinking window than most marriages!!! [snort.gif]

I can back up George on this one. I kept all my Barolo (and she kept the house).

really!?!? you all are gonna let Ed steal this for $850? One of you OC people needs to step up so I’m invited to the party! [snort.gif]

No kidding.

Where are the proceeds of this auction going? It’s fine with me if it is either Tanaro or WineBerserkers.

Proceeds (funds above reserve price) go to WB and Napa Valley Wine and Cigar (for all the shipping they are doing for Tanaro, all those Alsatian packs!)

everything over cost is going to WB… And Tanaro is kicking an extra $50 for WB on top of that.

Tanaro just upped the ante, switching the 2000 vintage 750’s to MAGNUMS!

Changes made in the first post, so let’s go, people!

$900

$1K