AUCTION: Di Costanzo Farella Vineyard Cabernet Sauvignon Coombsville 2014 MAGNUM / 1.5l

Donor: Erin Di Costanzo @ MCD Wines
Value: $375
MinBidIncr: $10
Auction Closes: 8pm PT

Di Costanzo Farella Vineyard Cabernet Sauvignon Coombsville 2014 MAGNUM / 1.5l

370 cases (of which 30 magnums were bottled)

We call the 2014 the “wedding cuvée” since we were married in July 2014 under the grand oaks at the Farella Vineyard. That year the crop at harvest was abundant and the weather kind; slow and steady. From the onset, 2014 was packed with trademark Farella characteristics, namely blackberry, graphite, smoke, savory herbs, and black olive. The texture is concentrated and has ample tannin to help guide the wine over its lifetime. Recent tastings of this wine confirm its stunning ageability and regal prowess.

A snapshot of the wine early in its life, from Antonio Galloni: “Massimo Di Costanzo’s 2014 Cabernet Sauvignon Farella Vineyard opens with the most exquisite aromatics. Graphite, smoke and gravel meld into a core of purplish fruit, with hints of lavender, violet and plum that appear later. Nuanced, sculpted and precise, the 2014 stands out for its total class. This is the most vivid and striking wine I have tasted from Massimo Di Costanzo, and frankly the first wine of his that really seems to capture the stylistic goal he has set out to achieve. The interplay of savory, mineral and fruit nuances is riveting. What a gorgeous wine this is.”

Expedited Shipping INCLUDED to most states in the continental United States, exceptions might apply. Pick up in St. Helena IS AVAILABLE if within 6 months from today’s date, or we’ll gladly deliver to a local off-site storage facility like 55 Degrees, Eagle Rock, Vinfolio, Domaine, etc.

Thank you, in advance, to the lucky winner and to all of the bidders! We are grateful to you all.

3 Likes

$200

2 Likes

$210

2 Likes

$250

2 Likes

$275

2 Likes

Thank you, fabulous bidders!
Would the (eventual) lucky winner like to have their magnum signed by winemaker Massimo?
Say the word.
Cheers!

5 Likes

I’ll happily do $300.00

1 Like
  1. Would love it to be autographed!
1 Like

$350!

2 Likes

We all know who really runs things… I’d say Erin’s is more valuable…

(subtle poke to get my bottle john hancocked by either… :slight_smile:

$370.

1 Like

Let’s open $400

1 Like

Rick, yes! This wine was made a few weeks after the Napa Earthquake, so let’s shake things up!!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 28 hours. New replies are no longer allowed.