ATTENTION BAY AREA BERSERKERS! BerserkerDay Offline San Francisco January 27.

Since this is only 4 days away, let me start by listing some candidates I have for Sunday’s offline. I am currently mulling over the following wines and hopefully narrow them to a couple of bottles by Saturday…

2002 Domaine Lignier-Michelot Morey St. Denis 1er Cru Les Faconnières
2009 Domaine Georges Mugneret/Mugneret-Gibourg Vosne-Romanée
2006 Domaine Denis Bachelet Gevrey-Chambertin Vieilles Vignes
2004 Littorai Pinot Noir One Acre
2007 Rivers-Marie Pinot Noir Old Vines Summa
2004 Domaine Jamet Côte-Rôtie

I am bringing Occhipinti Blanc, but the reds are so hard to chose from. I need to make a trip to the cellar to see what I have.

I love that people are bringing French!
I’d love a shot at the 2002 Lignier-Michelot.

A 2004 Littorai One Acre? What a rare treat.

My vote would be for those, either way, how generous of you!

Hey guys, I don’t have a deep cellar full of aged beauties so I’d love some opinion on what to bring, especially since there’s a lot of label overlap with other berserkers.

REDS
2001 Domaine Robert Chevillon Nuits St. Georges 1er Cru Les Chaignots
2009 Littorai Pinot Noir Hirsch Vineyard
2010 Lynmar Pinot Noir Freestone Pinot
2004 Château de Beaucastel Châteauneuf-du-Pape
2008 Rhys Syrah Horseshoe Vineyard

WHITES:
2002 Henri Boillot Meursault 1er Cru Les Charmes
2005 Paul Pernot et ses Fils Puligny-Montrachet 1er Cru Les Pucelles
2009 Rhys Chardonnay Alpine Vineyard

Pretty nice wines you have there as well, my vote is for the Chevillon and the Boillot

I still haven’t had the opportunity to pull from my off-site, but am looking to bring a past WBD purchase or two. Just a matter of being able to find the stuff. [help.gif]

It’s looking like a great day everyone! Very excited. Don’t forget that Todd will be sending a sneak peak of the offers tomorrow so be sure to look at your in boxes and let me know which offers look good.

Cheers!

BERSERKER DAY OFFERING AND OFF LINE IS TOMORROW!

All of you who are donors please check the offering in your inbox and get back to me with the ones that are of most interest. Todd will dedicate those to us at or after 2PM tomorrow!!

Cheers and see everyone mañana.

G

Mark me down as confirmed + 1… will bring a 2009 Kendric Pinot that I recently got from Stew… and then probably a nice Bordeaux/Burgundy plus backup. Will parking be tricky in the area Gene?

That is great! Unless something is going on at Washington HS parking should be fine at that time of day. We back Washington High in front and we have the Richmond community center behind us so we have one of the best parking situations in the city. Lots of city infrastructure work going on so its a bit tighter than usual but it should be fine.

I drink a lot of the Kendric, good stuff!

I was just about to ask that same question.
So it is OK to park in those lots?

Pork shoulder just went on the Egg. See you tomorrow!

Great to see a bunch of you again, and great to meet those of you who were new to me! Thanks Gene for hosting!

Tasting notes for those who are interested: TN: SF Wineberserkers Offline (BerserkerDay) - WINE TALK - WineBerserkers

I know I missed at least a few wines, so feel free to add in notes.

Great notes, thanks! Quite a broad variety of wines, as well.

I, too, want to hear of Gene’s culinary delights!

Thanks Mary and Gene for your hospitality. Sorry I couldn’t stay for dinner, but I did get a chance to have a couple of meatballs. And if those were any indication of the other food being severed I totally missed out.
Great seeing some old and new faces.

Thanks Gene and Mary for hosting this event. It was very generous of you to open your home and prepare all that awesome food. Looking forward to getting together again in the near future.

Great event! It was great seeing familiar faces, and meeting new people too. Thanks Gene and Mary!

Awesome event guys, I posted bottle shots in a facebook album:
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10200520483800700.201715.1416140010&type=1&l=5d064b9ac6

I enjoyed all of the wines… perhaps too much. Thank you everyone for sharing such lovely bottles.
Gene and Mary, my new wine and TV buddies, thank you for your hospitality!