Atomique3. Anyone familiar with this Oregon wine project?

Any of my fellow Oregon wine heads familiar with this project?

I was able to taste some of their wine last night from the restaurant that I work at. I’m decently familiar with a lot of Oregon winemakers so I’m surprised that this slipped by me. There’s also no current threads about them on WB that I could find. Obviously Jean-Marc Roulot has pedigree making excellent wines and the other winemakers studied in Burgundy as well at prestigious estates.

Really, really excellent stuff though. Structured with great finesse and levity. Excellently balanced acid with the fruit profile that I am typically used to with Oregon Chard. Will definitely try and seek some of this out on my own.

I’ve tasted both the 2022 Le Sedimentair and the 2021 Basalt at a Rose and Arrow tasting due to the connection. I preferred the Basalt as it was the more mineral driven of the two, but both were outstanding Chardonnays

1 Like

Interestingly, if my recollection is correct, Pedro Parra declared the Sedimentaire as the superior bottling, at least for ageworthiness, at a seminar in San Francisco in February. Of course, taste and preference is subjective :sweat_smile:

[quote=“ZachSw, post:1, topic:349532”]
Will definitely try and seek some of this out on my own.

Saw Bottles of 2021 Atomique3 "Le Sedimentaire“ on closeout at KL now.

2 Likes