Asian broccoli and beef with black chanterelles and 07 Vacqueyras

Took the left over cuts from a whole beef tenderloin I cut steaks out of last night, and marinated them in a teriyaki based sauce. We sauted it in with broccoli, green beens and black chanterelle mushrooms- served over brown rice. Drank with an 09 Les Epinets Saumer, which matched quite well after a day of being open. Started in on this afterwards-

2007 Jean- Marie Arnoux Vacqueyras- beautiful, almost floral nose, showing some stem inclusion(i think), followed by kircsh, hot river rocks, and herbs. The palate closely resembles the nose with dark cherry, garrigue, strong mineral, and hints of high cocoa count chocolate. This wine reminds me of many Les Grand Montmirails I’ve loved in the past- so classic and expressive of it’s terrior. The SUD delivers again!

After two hours the wine gets richer, showing the layers of Grenache flavor as well as some Carignane, with its firm cranberry and red currant. These two varities play so well off one another. There is a bit of Mourvedre’s plummy spicy and rich tannin on the end. They really put together a nice cuvee here. Nicely structured and well balanced for an 07. [welldone.gif]

Wow, JC… the food sounds awesome… the wine too… but the food… mmmmmm…

Jim,
We were bummed not to have you over for my Sunday gravy over at Todds for the packers game. Leo was the perfect sous chef with a mag of 02 Comtes de Champagne Taittinger and a 04 Sessicaia.

That sounds like a great use of leftover tenderloin. I’m always giving my kids screwed up looking steaks.

Did he wear a headdress or face paint? [tease.gif]

sous chef…

[oops.gif] corrected