Are There Any Lists You Will Not Drop?

I’m “pausing” some lists this year, hoping I have enough good will to possibly get back in next year. But the two that I did by from this year were Kosta Browne and Rhys. Not planning much more that that for the rest of the year.

Carlisle and Bedrock.

I will never drop Bedrock; So many different single varietals and blends, awesome wines at a great price, and the best customer service. What else could one ask for.

None.

I am on a lot of the ones mentioned above - SQN, Saxum, Carlisle, Schrader, Aubert, Rivers Marie, Macdonald, Ceritas, Mike Smith Wines. Luxuries. I would drop them if I could not afford them as luxuries. But I can. So I don’t

I just dropped Horsepower…so that just leaves Thomas. I don’t plan or want to drop Thomas. However, there are a number of things that could get me to drop a list. Medical reasons, financial stressors, and family needs trip all decisions when buying wine.

Pretty happy where I am. But the last several to go would be
SQN
Carlisle
Bedrock
SE
Rivers Marie
Maybach

Could survive pretty well on just those!

I was surprised to see no listing of Maison Ilan as a list others were willing to drop! What gives?

I don’t know if Nicora’s list is closed, but I have no plans to drop it. I’ll stay on it until the drought kills the vineyards in Paso.

I think at some point everyone comes to the conclusion that list limit your flexibility to buy other wines and often crush your budget. It seems like every wine maker gets obsessed with adding more and more single vineyards, then a Chardonnay and then a 2nd or 3rd label. These wineries think you only want to own and drink their wines. I hit a wall, dropped them all and moved on. Never looked back. I think my cellar is infinitely more interesting now.

Heck…I don’t know. I had an Arcadian 04 homage max last night that made me remeber why I buy from joe. Suspect I won’t ever drop that one. Love Rhys but I am concerned about staying on if / when the prices push over 100. Doubt I ever drop ceritas or copain. Bedrock to me is a strong possibility as we mostly drink chard, Pinot, then syrah. Liquid farm is another strong possibility as the wines are in the same style as my copain and ceritas and priced higher.

I’m down to one list only: Bedrock.

I’ve tried to drop it more than oncem, skipped some orders, but always come back and grab some select things. Many of these wines are not yet fully impressing me (like, some alot, but not yet love), but Morgan’s story, energy and writings really tell me that this kid is a superstar with a super-long wine career ahead of him. I currently want to remain on that train.

Herman Story