Are There Any Lists You Will Not Drop?

SQN and Aubert

There are no lists I wouldn’t drop - I don’t have that overpowering of any emotional connection to any of them, and if the wine, the cost or the customer service get to where they don’t work for me, I’ll walk away.

In terms of which ones I’m least likely to drop, Carlisle, Sea Smoke, Anthill and Arcadian might be the least likely as of where I sit right now.

Bedrock, Carlisle, Turley, Myriad

Screaming Eagle & Marcassin

No. Basically, if I have to think hard about whether I want to order from an allocation, I don’t; and if I get dropped, my conclusion is that I must not care enough. There are plenty of lists that I have no plans to drop, as there are great wines and in some cases great wines at good value that I can’t access any other way. Those lists include Carlisle, Bedrock, Myriad, and Liquid Farm.

I’ve dropped all my lists

Strong showing here from the ALWE (Anti List Wine Elite).

[cheers.gif]

I’ve made a huge effort to consolidate lists this year, ideally I wanted to get down to just 4 but here is where I ended up:

Rhys
Kutch
Rivers-Marie
Bedrock
Carlisle
Myriad
Ultramarine (A surprise add in a year of dropping)

So my goal of 4 became 7 and that’s because I would really have a hard time cutting any of these guys at this point.

Rhys, Ceritas, Arcadian.

TTT

Easy top of the list is SQN - no question.

After that Saxum and Schrader come next.

There are certainly a number of others that I value and would be quite reluctant to drop but those three seem to be at the top of my mind.

I’ve already dropped a number of those listed above.
Of those I’m still on, I’d be loathe to drop some, but there’s an ocean of great wine out there that requires no list membership. In other words, I wouldn’t lose sleep if I dropped all of them, though I’m not likely to do so.

Screaming Eagle. That’s assuming I get an allocation before I die. I’m 49-what are my odds?

I’m active on about a dozen lists but that is changing drastically this year. Having said that, Carlisle, I suppose. But damn, do I love my Rhys and Ceritas Chardonnay, D&R’s Mourvedre, Mike Smith’s wines…oh, and the terrific value of Tercero (esp. the whites!)…must…get…control…of…myself.

It is my unbridled enthusiasm that got me in this predicament in the first place. Now I have a practically one-dimensional cellar bursting with more wine than I can drink. Meanwhile, I’m really digging old world stuff more and more lately. Ugh. If only I could get a do-over, things would be much different.

The un-list ESJ. Everything else is fair game.

The one’s I’m on.

No, but I would hate to drop Saxum, Outpost or Bedrock.

It’s all a matter of pricing and what other substitutes are out there. I have no sacred cows. Beyond a certain point, I’d drop any and all lists. Right now I buy from Rhys, Ridge Monte Bello, Ceritas, Kutch, Dirty & Rowdy, and Sandlands. I’d be most hesitant to drop Rhys or Ridge, although I wouldn’t lose much sleep over the decision.

Turley, because I love their stuff and so does wife. I can’t say she really loves any of the others.

Dehlinger
Arcadian
Williams Selyem
Rafanelli

I had to drop Calera 2 years ago because they take so long to come around. And I may drop Thomas for the same reason. Bitch getting old. pileon

If I had to only pick only one; Shafer HSS even if I’m living in a double wide!
Others in no particular order:
Saxum
Alban
VHR
Realm
Blankiet
Schrader
Abreau
Jones Family
Seavey