Arcadian Library Offer to GCS

Received the email yesterday from Arcadian offering 30% off library wines to members of Grand Cru Society. Anyone have recommendations or opinions for any of the library wines being offered?

Yes, my opinion is that Joe’s wines are fantastic (and his Syrahs don’t get the attention they deserve from us), and the fact is that I want far more than I can buy! I poured over the list last night comparing my bottle counts to see where to add even more. Happy buying to all and thanks, Joe [cheers.gif]

What Laura said. I’ve been away, just saw the email, and this is so nice.

I just wish I had more money available to spend. Thanks Joe!!!

can we just let this drop off the first page until i get my order in? [whistle.gif]

Any tasting notes or opinions would be greatly appreciated. It’s a pretty long list and I have not had a chance to tasted any of the older Arcadians. I could buy 1-2 of everything, but then I could also live in a van down by the river.

I love their wines, but their shipping prices are crazy. Their shipping charges are VERY high unless you buy a case (free shipping).

It would cost me $36 for 6 bottles shipped from CA to CA.

I would recommend the following:

Chards especially the '00 and '01
'99 Jills Cuvee
‘01 Garys’ Pinot and Syrah
'02 Pisoni

A van full of aged Arcadian down by the river actually sounds like a pretty good idea. [tease.gif]

I also learned some very exciting news last night. Joe will be in Richmond doing a tasting on 8/31. Can’t wait to finally meet the maestro. flirtysmile

Chards especially the '00 and '01
'99 Jills Cuvee
‘01 Garys’ Pinot and Syrah
'02 Pisoni

Thanks for the recos.
Maybe if he we can get the van started we’ll truck down your way for the gig with Joe on the 31st.
Do you mind if we camp in your yard? Y’all got a pool?

Given that the email and order form did not say anything about free shipping for full case orders, I just want to confirm that free shipping is correct in case anyone was wondering (I checked with Anna at Arcadian). This is dangerous to know…given my response in the “size of pending orders” thread.

Shane

If any left coaster in The GCS doesn’t want a full allocation give me a shout as I’d like to try some of Joe’s wines.