Aperitif LEEKS PARISIENNE

Here comes another light dish for the balcony or garden.

I disovered young little leeks at my organic shop and immediately this recipe from Nadine Levy-Redzepi came to my mind. In addition I knew I had leftover pine nuts at home and Guanciale was delivered a few days ago. You should always have Guanciale at home. No comparison to over-salty and over-smoked bacon. BTW, Nadine Levy-Redzepi wrote in her book that this recipe brought her mother from Paris.

Serve it lukewarm or cold with a glass of Champagne or Chablis. I have to say a quite sublime and tasty dish. Don’t forget to serve it also with a good baguette/bread.

Ingredients

1kg leeks

3 tbsp salted butter

35g pine nuts

150-200g Guanciale/Pancetta/bacon

1/2 - 1 lemon

2 tsp mustard Moutard de Meaux/Pommery

100-150ml olive oil

Preparation

1. First wash the leeks. Maybe you have to cut them lengthways for cleaning?!

1. Heat a casserole/Duch oven with 1litre water and add salted butter. Cook the leeks (white part) with lid for around 15min on low heat.

1. Meanwhile roast the pine nuts for a few minutes in a pan

1. Use the same pan to roast the stripes of Guanciale until crisp. Put them on a kitchen paper to absorb the fat and set aside

1. Make the vinaigrette with juice of lemon&olive oil and Moutard de Meaux from Pommery.

2. Put the cooked leeks on a big plate. Add salt&pepper and the vinaigrette. Drizzle with roasted pine nuts and crisp strips of Guanciale

1. Serve with a glass of Champagne or Chablis or any kind of white wine of your liking. CHEERS

5 Likes

Perfect music in preparation for this dish „Summer in Paris“

1 Like

Now you’re including musical pairings with your dishes? Love it.

This dish looks great, but I’ve never seen baby leeks for sale. I guess I need grow my own…

:slightly_smiling_face:

Normal leeks works as good, don’t worry…

Leek sizes also depend on the variety. But I’m all for growing stuff at home–can’t beat the freshness. And you can grow varieties not sold at the markets.

1 Like

Loooove DJ Cam!

1 Like