Anything to do in Redding CA ...

besides sweat.

I have a few nights there in a few weeks and wondered where I could get some good food and good wine.

Jason

Its been quite awhile since I was there and all I found were steaks and beer. Didn’t notice any fine dining establishments back then, but I’m sure there’s got to be some now. Glenn Levine may have taken a recent M/C ride through there and can offer some insight.

There’s the Sundial Bridge which is in a nice park – you can walk back and forth across it and that will take up 30 minutes of your time. I’m told there is a good steakhouse there, but I don’t know details, and I doubt that there is much in the way of wine on the list. There’s boating on Lake Shasta and hiking in the mountains, to the west, north, and east. If you have the time, Ashland, OR is about 2 hours to the north and they have a great Shakespeare festival and lots of decent restaurants, some with good (not great) wine lists; you can also get a lot of relatively rare OR wines in Ashland – try Chateaulin (both wineshop and restaurant).

Apparently full context texting:

http://www.mercurynews.com/california/ci_13022231" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

These health insurance reform protests are really getting out of line.