Anyone familiar with Mailchimps software?

Our store is essentially a 2 man operation, and neither of us are too familiar with coding. Mailchimp makes sending out offers very easy for us. I noticed however, on some mobile devices the campaigns that we send out look like how it would if you click on the “plain text email” and you can see the full links, no images, and some small coding parts.

What’s odd though is that on my coworkers phone, everything loads properly in the email. I have looked on mobile Gmail and also the apple mail app, both of those not loading the campaigns properly on my phone. I contacted someone at mailchimp who was not very helpful at all and only linked me to a support article which did not help figure out my problem. All of the mobile views in mailchimp and the different mobile devices in “inbox view” all show the offer correctly as it is supposed to.

Has anyone else run into this problem or know of a solution?

1 Like

Here is how it looks on my phone vs how it is supposed to, when I look at it through outlook the offer loads properly on my phone:

are you composing all of the content in the mailchimp editor or are you copy/pasting some of it to mailchimp editor?

Everything is typed manually into the mailchimp editor, then the links are added manually as well

post this on reddit and you’ll likely get much better info. i use it for my company and i’ve never run into this. there’s also a thing called inbox preview but that’s in the paid tier.

1 Like

Did you ever find help with MailChimp? I have a work colleague who might be able to help. Send me a PM if you’d like an intro.

Never found a solution, but it seems like this is only a problem I’ve experienced on my phone. Never was able to recreate this problem on another device or had anyone else experience this. Probably some setting somewhere in my phone or in Gmail’s settings causing it. Thanks for checking though!

1 Like

you may have plain text enabled on your phone or in the settings of your email somewhere which is why you are not getting the picture layout but instead getting long links and no images

I have used mailchimp only for emails. To be honest, I wonder if the software behind mailchimp is not compatible with app technology. I would look to another marketing tool

1 Like

You might want to see what’s out there for your budget.

Something that works against you with Mail Chimp is the “email abuse” factor. Your deliverability to clients may actually be impacted because of what others may do (sending tons of email, spammy offers, inappropriate content, etc). Mail Chimp does little to police this.

Check out Dot Digital. Platform is just as easy to use, and far more robust than Mail Chimp. And they harp on the fact that they deliver your emails to your clients. Great people too.

Like Ian said, Mail Chimp can have poor deliverability. Main reason for this is that they put their customers on Shared IP addresses, which group other businesses together for email sending. Email Inboxes (ex: Gmail, Outlook, etc) rely on a Sender’s reputation to determine where to place an email into a user’s inbox (Main inbox, Promotions, SPAM). So if there are some bad actors/businesses on Mail Chimp who are spamming their users and/or ignoring unsubscribe requests, then that may impact your email deliverability since you might be put on a Shared IP by Mailchimp.

These days there are a lot better products out there that allow non-technical people to send effective emails, especially at the SMB level. These days it’s crucial to have your emails display correctly on mobile devices, since that is how majority of people view emails.

All you really need to do is get someone to give you 1-3 good email templates/designs that you can constantly change and update. Then you can use those for all of your email sending.

My background is in wine tech operations and marketing automation, so happy to explain more if you’re looking to get off Mailchimp and evaluate another solution.