Any experience with Coravin sparkling wine system?

Last night my wine group followed the lead from the NYT a while ago and had a champagne dinner with some of the top LA area fried chicken (the general consensus winner was Willie Mae’s). Unlike my most fervent bubble head friends, I rarely want only champagne and since my wife doesn’t drink a whole bottle of anything just doesn’t make sense. I use the regular Coravin system a fair amount and would like to have a glass of champagne a couple of times a week. I’ve not heard anything about the Coravin sparkling wine system other than their website. If it works well on a champagne bottle for a couple of weeks it would be worth it to me. Thanks for any insight.

1 Like

Where was Roscoe’s on the list?

Had a great glass of Dom. P. P2 out at a restaurant out of the sparkling Coravin… seemed pretty fresh and lively on the palate.

No Roscoe’s. The purpose of the dinner was to eat very good fried chicken with champagne, not to determine the best fried chicken in LA. We just can’t help but rate and rank everything. That said I’ve had a lot of fried chicken throughout the South and Willie Mae’s was pretty good for my palate.

Our local wine bar uses this system. The champagne poured from it tasted great the proprietor swears by it.

1 Like

One thing to keep in mind with restaurants is they typically go through the bottle in one night. Sure it keeps it fresh for a few hours or maybe overnight. But a few days to a couple of weeks is a different test. Just FYI.

2 Likes