Another Flannery PSA

Yeah I shipped daughter four and that may be too few - she’s having so much fun thinking up recipes

Yup that’s right cold pan flip every two mins. America’s Test Kitchen even recommends a nonstick pan.

I hear you on the grill temps i pulled my pork cap (delicious) from the grill at 127 figuring it might top out in the mid 130s, i come back 10 mins later it’s at 145. Luckily pork cap is hard to mess up.

APO is so perfect for reverse sear. You can even do the sear on the grill if you want smoke. Set temp at 135 for target of 130 before sear with 0 steam and it’ll never be over.

1 Like

I think Brian recommends 140 to 145 degrees for pork.

^^ thanks. I’ve heard of constantly flipping but the cold pan/2min is new to me. Planning to order more, wish I ordered more on BD, and should stress “best mw steak” was an understatement. Now if I can get my hands on one of those rib caps I keep hearing about.

Damn that MW is good. Did one tonight, perfect for 3 people, reverse sear on Big Green Egg. Just salt and pepper.

How’s it compare to ca reserve?

I recall Bryan remarking on how good the MW looked next to the Cali Reserve. I’m not saying the MW isn’t perfect, maybe just appeals more to some than ca reserve, or not.
Point is Flannery cooked at home is better than 99% of the steakhouses in America.

My CA Reserve from this round are in the freezer, so can’t directly compare. This MW matches up to my memories of previous CA Reserves, and I prefer the larger cuts that were available this go round as well. (24oz)

1 Like

Flannery pork cap with a miso black garlic paste sauce oh man thanks Elliott!
PXL_20220205_012005463.jpg

3 Likes

What charcoal and accessory is that?

It’s a Joetisserie

Yes and B&B hardwood char logs.

Man! That is art!

Your pic is beautiful and looks delicious!

Thank you.

1 Like

Thanks I don’t hear that often! The rotisserie really renders the massive amount of fat perfectly imho.

Flannery pork cap.
Dry rub, then applewood smoked using snake method

Holy crap this pork is out of control.

4 Likes

Scott that looks fantastic! Bryan’s hiding corkscrews in those things? Now I really wish I would have bought some :slightly_smiling_face:

All these posts are making me “jelly”……as the kids would say.

Pairing with the pork cap? Have one in the APO atm.

Not sure how you seasoned it but some Condrieu with age should do the trick. Chave blanc too if you’ve got it laying around…

Ended up going with red chassagne which was great