ANONYMOUS POLL!! Sales Figures (to help for my PR campaign next BD)

I don’t want to lose the intimacy of the event, if you want to call it that. Some of us already had to put a sold out sign on some offers and scramble to replace those offers. More is not always better. I would suggest some kind of focus group among us wineries well in advance of the event.

I think the median sales amt (per winery/other) is the best/right way to evaluate this…for the same reasons home sales focus on medians. Right now, the median is ~$4375 (distributing each vote in a range evenly, i.e. right now the $4001-5000 range has the median and is 4 votes, so distribute those evenly across $4001-5000).

You can do an average of the entire dataset but that can be swayed by extremes at the end points as is here. So you can do an average excluding the top & bottom 5% or 10%. But medians are (imo) a better way to resolve this (without having to decide if you’re going to drop 1%, 2.5%, 5%, 10% or some other amt from the top/bottom.

I had to listen to a Professor in one of my Stat classes at Cal spend an entire lecture on the proper way to pronounce Omega (honesty…I still scratch my head at this). I’m sure I missed something important that should have been covered during that class…so don’t take my word for anything here.