Annoying Amazon pop up. Add, or Malware?

Hey all,

Todd is dealing with some family medical issues right now, he’s the only one that can look into the issue. Sounds like a rogue ad from one of the ad providers.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Google chrome on the iPad has a built in pop up blocker that is half decent

thank you Charlie; much appreciated!

+1

AdGuard for iOS works very well.

thank you Yaacov! very much appreciated!

I’m trying to locate it - just cleaned out the base folder of the site file, couple minor things that could have been the issue. Let me know if it’s still going on, I’ll keep on it when possible

Thanks Todd!

Thanks Todd, sounds like you have much more important things to attend to.

Yep still happening

I’m out of ideas on figuring out what it is - have done malware scans 6 times on the site source files, and 2 scans on the server. If you are experiencing it, please empty your cache, try again, and if it happens again, do a screenshot of ‘view:source’ so I can figure out what is causing it. I can’t replicate it on any of my browsers, even logging out and disabling ad blockers.

You could try viewing the page “Incognito”. Previous shopping on websites may not follow you here, then.

It’s unlikely to be malware on the server. Probably just one of the ad networks letting through a shady ad (intentionally or otherwise). Since I don’t see the ads, I have no idea which ad network(s) are being used, but that’s usually the root cause of this kind of thing.

Not a subscriber, but never had any popup, my browser is Opera

Y’all could try subscribing, that would likely fix it for you. :slight_smile:

I’m a subscriber. Been happening on my iPad for at least a couple of months.

I am A subscriber. I was just in the Politics forum and tried to switch to Epicurean exploits, and I got the Amazon window. This is far from the only time this is happened in the last couple of weeks.

never had a pop up… and i doubt Amazon is causing it… likely a third party ad…
i’m no techie, but sounds like the user’s browser or computer has issues?

Not true. It shows up frequently on my I pad as well when I first log on and I’m a subscriber.