Am i nuts about 13

But are they as good as the 2013s?

I always enjoy Alan’s posts, if only because of the predictable way the thread will run.

Something like Alan beginning by stating the obvious (I am not enjoying 2013s because I am drinking them too young) to Duh! to I have a right to speak my mind, this is the Internet after all, and so on…Please don’t stop, Alan, you provide the perfect outlet for people to to take out their aggression with minimal damage.

Yes, and we can do it without resorting to “political posts” that will get us banned!

Mark Golodetz wrote:
…Alan, you provide the perfect outlet for people to to take out their aggression with minimal damage.

To anyone as it were.

But I have to take issue with this:

So were 2001 and 1997.

I don’t remember 1997 as being tough at all. In fact, I remember that on release my F-I-L mentioned that he hadn’t had a single one that wasn’t drinking well out of the gate. We used to drink a lot of them and I agreed - that was an opulent, ripe vintage. Longer term, try the 1996s.

Alan, maybe this is for you:

nU01tepGNeE

You’re free to keep posting about this topic, but on the other hand the other members are free to bash you for it. I don’t think John wrote his comment with any ill-will. I think he’s one of the best contributors to this forum and I always look forward to reading his blind tasting notes. I think it does get a bit tiring if you keep beating the horse without following the advice given. Isn’t learning from others also part of the reason we’re on here?

Instead of getting upset, I would listen to Ian’s advice and then report back with your findings. You can ignore the non-productive comments, just like the others are free to ignore your posts.

I think that would be more productive.

P.S. Greg, don’t have a lot of experience with 1997 vs 1996, but the two bottles of 1996 La Jota Howell Mountain Anniversary I had last year were spectacular =)

End of thread.

Alan - My quarrel is not with your right to post but that you seem to enjoy beating your head against the wall drinking the wrong kinds of wine (for your palate) young, yet resist advice to age them. Why don’t you just buy wines that drink well young?
You keep returning to post about the same problem. I keep hoping you’ll learn from your mistakes, and from the advice you’ve solicited here.

As for your spelling, although I’m an editor by trade, I don’t pick on you for that. I hope I get some points for that. [wink.gif]

As for the brags about cult cabs, at least those posters like the wines they drink. I can’t really quarrel with that. If they said, “Gee, I just landed a case of Squealing Pidgeon even though I’ve bought it for ten vintages and disliked every one,” then I’d complain in those threads.

John, it seems highly unlikely that he will learn. He seems like a relative novice on wine who posts looking for confirmation of his views, not to learn anything. Very sad.

The 13s are on par with the 13s.

Just popped a '17 & WOW ! flirtysmile

AAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHH!!!

My stupidity has been corrected. Thank you.

Pssshhh. You gotta go all Bear Grylls, dig the '18 outta da soil, and strain it thru your tee shirt into a decanter…

Ian, you’re 3 days late. Talk Like A Prate Day was the 19th.

Alan, I enjoy your repeated pot-stirring posts about wines you don’t like. I think you get more enjoyment from posting what you think of them than you do from drinking them.

Ian’s advice above is the best on-topic reply in this thread. If you would like to get more enjoyment from drinking your wines than from posting about them, try some older (10-15 years) cabs with a reputation for aging well. If you like what they turn into, lay some away for a decade or so. If you don’t like them, stick to early drinkers and don’t waste your time/money/liver/brain cells on agers.

Me, I’m happy to drink most California cabs with just a few years on them. I don’t mind tannins, and I know most wont turn into Bordeaux. So I drink them relatively young (5-10 years) while waiting for my Bordeaux to mature.

Ian, you’re 3 days late. Talk Like A Prate Day was the 19th.

Holy crap! I can’t believe I missed it. One of the days not to be overlooked. Last year I was all Long John Silver.

Talk Like a Prate mate!

I wonder how someone not versed in the art of sarcasm would view most of our threads here… neener

Probably that we prate incessantly . [wink.gif]

Like you were all part of one oversized dysfunctional family. neener

At least I fixed it! Better late than never :wink:

im so sorry John, for some dumb reason i thought discussing topics that i want to discuss with others was the point of a wine forum. How about I run all future posts past you first to ensure that im not being repetitive or boring ? oh hang on i know why, free speech. Its strange when i talk about aging wines its a pain in the ass but when 73 people in a row post Oh look at me i got the latest Cult cab allocation thats considered worthy and am an *sshole for challanging the boastful nature of some people here.

So i know two things will happen next, you and a few others will critic my grammar and ill be told im a moron by the same group who do every post.

Am i really the predictable one ?[/quote]

Alan - My quarrel is not with your right to post but that you seem to enjoy beating your head against the wall drinking the wrong kinds of wine (for your palate) young, yet resist advice to age them. Why don’t you just buy wines that drink well young?
You keep returning to post about the same problem. I keep hoping you’ll learn from your mistakes, and from the advice you’ve solicited here.

As for your spelling, although I’m an editor by trade, I don’t pick on you for that. I hope I get some points for that. [wink.gif]

As for the brags about cult cabs, at least those posters like the wines they drink. I can’t really quarrel with that. If they said, “Gee, I just landed a case of Squealing Pidgeon even though I’ve bought it for ten vintages and disliked every one,” then I’d complain in those threads.[/quote]

John

I know it will not be understood but my post about 13 is relative.

Of course i understand they are big raw wines, but my point is that compared to other closeyears 13 is incredibly backwards

I love big wines and know that liking them as young as i do is not common, but i dont feel his should prevent me from asking questions within my scope

Should i not be allowed discuss 13 being backward compared to 14&15 just because i like young when most people dont

I know large amounts of the forum dont like my polarizing style but doesnt it add colour