All of Us at Wine Berserkers Described on Twitter

Me, but, sadly, it is not my work! I would love to take credit for it, though…

You have stepped into the Ghost Writer’s trap, and its steely jaws have closed tight around your ankle, Craig. It is particularly easy to take potshots at those who merit them. Whatever else may be true, the Ghost Writer ain’t motivated by jealousy of Ray Walker. Or W. Blinky Gray, for that matter…

[rofl.gif] Bill, as I mentioned above, this was requested by my harvest guys. We all got a kick out of it. Nothing wrong with a roasting!

Just so folks don’t give GhostWriter a negative slant, here is his twitter description:
Ghost Writer
@Guidetowinebiz

Farcical tweets for the wine industry. You know you’ve arrived if you’re listed here.

Planet Wine

here are the posts:

Guide to being Ray Walker:
1.pretend to farm
2.read old books/ become expert
3.fool all the Berserkers
4.get all the Ludo/Bourdain pussy

Guide To Being A WIne Berserker:
1.hijack every thread
2.believe Ray Walker’s crap
3.live in wine bubble
4 use emoticons
5.get zero pussy

Thought these were pretty funny.

No, Ray, I just collect and drink the stuff. I am sort of the Bizarro World (for all of you Superman/DC Comics fans out there) Ray Walker. Living the dream, but in Neive rather than Burgundy, in early retirement after a successful career as a corporate lawyer (if having been a lawyer can ever be said to constitute “success”!). Ironically, I have ready access to all of the local grape varieties and all the required equipment, low-cost winery space, consultants, even vineyard help and the wherewithal to make it happen. My closest friends and all of my neighbors are winemakers. But I have absolutely no interest in making my own wine. Too much time, effort, expense and risk involved, and also the certain knowledge that I would never be able to make wines the quality of those of my neighbors, Bruno Giacosa and Angelo Gaja! Curiously, I live on a small hill of unplanted (except for orchards and eating grapes) land in the middle of the Barbaresco vineyards that would presumably be entitled to DOCG Barbaresco status and its own vineyard name (for about a barrel’s worth of wine, I suspect). But I also have a bird’s-eye view of what my neighbors must do on a year-round basis in order to produce wine. I am thinking about going into the black truffle biz instead. Global warming is wiping out the crop in Perigord, but conditions remain optimal in the Piemonte (for now), and, unlike white truffles, black truffles can be cultivated. Watching trees grow is a lot less work, and good for the local environment, too…

Ray, I think that we are all good on what slant to give Ghost Writer. And glad to see that you have “arrived”. I am thinking that your name is bandied about almost daily in the wine world with those of Moueix, Chave, Seysses, Lafon, Clape and Mascarello! :slight_smile: Just try to keep your name from being mentioned with Suckling, Bressan, Gray and Feiring, and you will do just fine…

Cool. Truffles could be a great thing. And Bill, you know that we have to meet some day and drink some wine. I’ll be in your area some time soon ‘researching’. I’ll shoot you a pm.

Well, after reading the Ray Walker bit we can rule out Howard Cooper as being the Ghost Writer.

Lol! Bill, I really don’t think about all of what folks may or not say about me. Not sure what it is you have against me but really, the negative sentiment isn’t shared. Like I said, I travel to Italy quite a bit and would one day like to open a few bottles with you. Up to you to accept or not.

OK, I laughed out loud at this, but I have to rush to Howard’s defense. The dude is a UNC fan suffering a 1-5 football season that can only get worse, and a mediocre basketball team that has to play in the new powerhouse ACC. As a fellow UNC fan, I feel his pain, and encourage Ray to comfort him!

Agreed. I don’t know Ray but the site is moronic. Reads like ot is written by a sex starved, jealous guy who’s suffering from arrested development. Arrested at age 13.

Benji? pepsi

Whatever one does in life, it is good to be the best.

http://listdose.com/top-10-most-brutal-serial-killers-ever/

Some of them are quite funny. I want to meet Álvaro Palacios. [wink.gif] And yes, I use emoticons.

But a wine berserker? [snort.gif] [snort.gif]

I’m a little confused. I can’t find a definition on urban dictionary for. ‘Ludo/Bourdain Pussy’.

Maybe chef Ludo Lefebvre and Tony Bourdain?

Ludo/Bourdain episode + Ludo/Walker Chablis project

Guide to being Marc Frontario 1. Pretend to be a wine geek 2. Screw up the pronouciations of everything
3. Hang out with Robert Alfert 4. Get all his throw away pu$$Y

This guy is brilliant…I will begin following him on twitter immediately…loved the Schoener and Suckling
Any guesses to which berserker is the ghost writer?

Todd?