AFWE table for October 16 Berserkerfest at PDH in NYC at 5pm

This!

So sorry to have to miss this table.

Jay should we pay upfront or at the dinner?

How about pay at the dinner but ask for the check at the beginning of the evening?

Also, what do people think about ordering one extra duck to add on to the banquet meal?

Yes and Yes
I will bring cash and vaccine card

Sounds good to me Jay. Should we all just bring cash and settle up everything that way?

Yes, I think that is the best idea.

Jay, seemed like a space wasn’t goin to open up for me so I signed on the SQN table. Thanks, see you there.

Definitely extra duck.
I’ll bring cash. If someone wants points they can use card for table and collect cash.
I’ll have my Excelsior card as well as photo. Maybe as a tribute to vaccination I’ll bring an '02 LP Excelsior I stumbled across as a bonus starter.
Briniging Mouches, probably '94 LG, '95 CFE (just saw Brent’c comment)

1 Like

Jay, I’ll bring a magnum of 2006 PGC Etzel Block Pinot Noir. Any prep tips are welcome. May bring a second, Ravenswood or a white wine.

1 Like

I updated the first post with what I believe to be the current status.

Looking like a beautiful set of wines.

Remember that if you want good stems you should bring them. House stems count as adequate rather than good. I’ll bring an extra 4 cheapish Burgundy stems in case anyone is short.

Thanks Jay

My final selection
08 Doyard BdB
11 LB Champagne VV du Levant
2004 Jouan CSD

I can also bring some extra stems for those that need it

1 Like

Putting a vote for sesame chicken or orange chicken (something fried) to go with the sparkling.

It’s already part of the base banquet menu:

Appetizer:

Assorted Cold Appetizers

Soup:

Shrimp Sizzling Rice Soup

Entrees:

Peking Duck

Jumbo Prawns w. Hot Spicy Sauce

Paradise Beef (Filet Mignon)

Sesame Scallops

Sliced Chicken w. Orange Flavor

Yang Chow Fried Rice

Dessert:

Cold Almond Bean Curd

1 Like

Jay, looks like the afwe table is full (don’t know what afwe means but to my eye, the wine looks wonderful). did it seem like there was enough interest to start another? If so, I could take the lead on a 2nd table and perhaps we could figure out some sort of wine cross-pollination btw tables…

best,

I hit my storage place today and I dug up a few other things, let me know if anyone has preferences:

2009 J Schram Brut and Brut Rose. I thought the brut might be an interesting pair with the Aquamarine for Champagne vs CA bubbly.

Alberico–this is a Lazio project started by the Antinori sisters. For those of you familiar with Fiorano, the Prince had no direct heirs to take over. Before he passed he had taken in one of his nephews to apprentice and the Fiorano label is now controlled by him and he has some of the older vineyards and new plantings. The Antinori sisters inherited the original property and were able to revive 12 of the original old vines and have subsequently added new plantings from cuttings of those vines.
2014 Alberico Bianco–mostly Semillon with some Malvasia
2012 Alberico Rosso–Cabernet and Merlot from the original old vines. I thought this might weave in, sort of, with the Laurel Glens, especially the 90’s wines.

Let me know what you think.

Remember everyone - bring cash and bring wine glasses.

Brent - either choice sounds great. bring whatever you feel like drinking that night.

I’ll probably add an Auslese to my offerings since we don’t have anything with rs. Wishing all my scheurebe auction winnings had arrived in time.

1 Like

Thank you Jay! Was just thinking I should add some riesling to the wines I’m bringing.

I’ll be bringing extra stems and a Durand for those who need it.

Looking forward to seeing y’all tomorrow and putting some faces to names.

vicarious: experienced or realized through imaginative or sympathetic participation in the experience of another

[cheers.gif]

great table, fun night- great people, great wines
I am crossing PDH off my dining list forever. They did not check vaccination. And it made me uneasy
Happy to do a smaller dinner with this group anytime.

1 Like

When the first bunch of us entered, the staff was checking, even forcing one person without phone-stored proof to validate otherwise.
When I left, another large party was waiting outside, until their members could be validated.

Obviously, some—maybe many—diners must have slipped through amid the busy activity. Not good.

A good reason to get boosters.