AFWE table for October 16 Berserkerfest at PDH in NYC at 5pm

So are we on or are people at this table bailing for La Fete? :thinking:

I’m on for PDH. In thinking things, I’m not entirely comfortable going to the the mass gathering that is the grand tasting. I’ll bring some champagne though.

I’ll stay here.

1 Like

Suggestion: Attendees may wish to post screenshots of their NYS Excelsior or other official vaccination proof, showing their names but masking birth dates. I have already, upthread.

We do not wish to have non-vaccinated attendees, leading to new RIP Asylum threads.

In the next two weeks or so, I will contact PDH and find out what their requirements are. [snort.gif]

My apologies, Dan Hammer. Tom Rippe

Jay, please put me on the waitlist too.

Starting Monday 9/13, if you’re eating inside in NYC proof of vaccination is Mandatory.

Sup?

Want to start talking wines?

Sure, good idea.

We already have 2 sparklers, Rodrigo is bringing Champagne and Tony is bringing an Ultramarine. I have no problem with either a further emphasis on sparkling wines or with introducing a wider variety. I plan to bring several bottles but no one else should feel obliged to do the same. It’s just that things have been piling up and Fall deliveries are starting soon.

I tentatively intend to bring a magnum of Baudry Grezeaux that was slated for my cancelled 60th birthday last year.

Also - Tom, Dinesh - not looking likely for an open space so you might want to grab a spot at another table.

Jay
We can bring.
1983 Bernard Amiot Chambolle-Musigny 1er Cru Les Charmes
1993 Domaine Robert Arnoux Vosne-Romanée 1er Cru Les Chaumes
2014 Fevre Chablis grand cru Les Preuses in Magnum

Did you want me to express a preference or are you bringing all three?

On my short list:
2004 Bollinger R.D.
Henri Giraud Fet De Chene
2004 Henri Jouan Clos St. Denis
1971 Pio Cesare Barolo

Can also pull some BAMA from the offsite

I was planning to bring all 3.

My husband is a Bulldog class of 1974 and he says Vince Dooley would approve

1 Like

I love Jouan CSD. Any idea how the did with the GMs in 2004?
To be honest, I’m not a huge fan of the Bollinger RD bottlings

I’ll add a 2004 Taittinger Comtes de Champagne to my offerings. Need to celebrate the first Berserkerfest in ages.

Haven’t tasted the 2004 Jouan CSD, but a recent 2004 Clos Sorbe was drinking well.

I’ll switch out the Bollinger/bring another bottle. Thinking either a 2004 Krug or some Larmandier-Bernier or Doyard.

This is quite the table! Wish I was going!

Sounds promising. I’ll vote for either LB (which I like) or Doyard (with whom I’m not familiar). I’m not a Krug fan either. champagne.gif

You’ll be missed. Plenty of more future opportunities to drink together though!

1 Like