A thought for 2012 Berserker Day

I’ve been chatting with a couple of friends (Berserkers) this morning, and they’re somewhat frustrated that they are at work and can’t access the site from there.

I’m lucky enough to have been snowed out of going to work today.

How about this… maybe next year, we could celebrate Berserker Day on the Saturday AFTER the 27th.
That way, more members could actively participate (and we could try to crash the server as well).

Just my 2 pennies.

[cheers.gif] [cheers.gif] [cheers.gif]

If they have time to chat they have time to buy. They should have know better and just taken the day off. [basic-smile.gif]

I’ll be skiing that day.

If its Saturday, I can bet that I have some sort of Cub Scout activity!

I think the idea of using the whole weekend is a good idea. And the weekend closest to Berserker Day is generally going to be Pro Bowl weekend, a natural lull a week before the Superbowl (at least for those who are fans of American Football).

I too couldn’t get on from work as our server blocks 99%of the wine sites out there. Tried logging on from my iPad a few times, but was in and out of meetings all day and just got home and logged in. It happens. Would love to have been able to take the day off, but couldn’t do it today with. Poop happens. -mJ

Hey I had the day off! Today’s a national holiday!

EVERY day for you is a National Holiday Padre!

“WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!”

My question is, who the hell do these full bird Colonel’s and 1 and 2 Star Generals think they are making us come in on Berserker Day? Are they not in the know? Will have to have this integrated in the next intel-brief! LOL! -mJ

+1. Working in a cave/cellar then off to vit class = no offers = sad.

It is a tough balance for the “limited offers” and I’m not sure of a good solution other than the current one. OR just hold a raffle of all interested parties and collect names in the 2-4 days preceeding the actual BerserkerDay? This isn’t in the spirit of “first come first served” but it is in the spirit of “getting as many people to participate” as possible. Each ITB person would decide on the format they prefer for their offer.

For others, allowing us to list offers over a longer time is good. I have my coupons and offers available all of January for instance so you can review them this weekend at your leisure.

I might even get to that magic number where I can give away a 2nd order if people continue to participate in my offerings.
[dance-clap.gif]

I certainly do feel for those that can’t spend the entire day on the computer tracking these offers, and feel that extending them somewhat would be a good idea.

Perhaps there can two different types of orders - those that are time sensitive auctions and those from producers that go a bit longer. Seems to make sense to me.

Cheers.