A California Ama-rhôny and Pink Wine Bundle from Randall Grahm & The Language of Yes

Greetings, vinous confrères:

At last I am at home with my über-winegeek community, my peep pool, as it were.1 Very pleased to be here and especially proud to offer a wine that I think is truly one of the very best things I’ve ever do–, er, done. The wine, which was made under the aegis of “The Language of Yes,"2 is a wine I’ve long dreamt about producing. Cinsaut grapes from the El Pomar district of Paso were air-dried for three weeks in the cool cave of Edna Valley Vineyard in FYBs,3 then co-fermented with Syrah from the ultra-cool Rancho Réal vineyard in the Santa Maria Valley. The result is a bit like a dry Amarone, Rhône-style, an Amarhôny, if you will. Lots of candied cherry fruit but not at all hot or overbearing. Yes, I am an artist not a merchant, so it is somewhat personally painful to clutter the Platonic artistic vision with language about, um,… commerce. But, here goes:

For the Berserkers community only, we’re offering first access to the never-seen-before/probably-never-will-see-again 2021 Cinsaut/Syrah “En Passerillage” at a price typically reserved for TLOY members. This wine is a one-of-a-kind cuvée that (most likely) will not be repeated in the future. When it’s gone, it’s gone. All 264 cases.

We’re also pleased to be offering up a 6-for-4 bundle of the 2021 Pink Wine “Le Cèrisier,” (Tibouren/Cinsaut). This Pink is noteworthy on many accounts, not least of which is that TLOY is the first winery in the U.S. to offer a Tibouren. But, more importantly, the pink wine is just amazing.

CLICK HERE TO VIEW OFFERS

2021 Cinsaut/Syrah “En Passerillage” Offer Details:

2021 Pink Wine “Le Cèrisier” Bundle Offer Details:

Don’t forget to say ‘yes’ to joining The Language of Yes mailing list to gain access to future offers. It’s free at the moment. Subscribers are first to know about new releases, events with moi-même and general news/tidbits.

SUBSCRIBE

Again, it is such a pleasure to be able to offer these wines to you, and I look forward to a long and fruitful association, yes?

RGsignature

1 As a W.G., you know, (of course), that I’m riffing on the grape, Picpoul.
2 The Language of Yes is a project on which I am collaborating with Joseph C. Gallo, focused on an exploration of Rhône grape varieties, inclusive of the odd ones, especially grown in some of the cooler sites of the Central Coast. Amazingly, there is still much to be discovered. (Rhône wasn’t built in a day.)
3 Term of art for 40 pound yellow picking boxes, which in this instance, were only filled to one layer of clusters.

5 Likes

Excited to give these a shot! Thanks for the offer!

1 Like

In the words of Dr. Seuss, “You will like them, you will see.”

2 Likes

OG Rhône Ranger in the house

2 Likes

DOPE offer. Bravo!!!

3 Likes

I’m thrashing around a bit in the dark here, trying to make sure I’m entering this communiqué in an appropriate part of the site. But please note, that these two wines - the passito Cinsaut and the pink are truly among the very best wines I’ve made in my career. The Cinsaut resembles an ultra-elegant Amarone; it packs some EtOH but is not hot at all, candied cherries the dominant theme. And of course cherries on the pink wine as well from the Cinsaut and Tibouren. Preternatural length on the pink; really shows the potential of Tibouren on our shores. Check these out.

2 Likes

Indeed it is. You’ll be very happy with these wines.

1 Like

Very excited to try these! I listened a recent interview you did this morning and this project sounds really exciting.

Your wines sparked my love of Rhône varietals years ago so very happy to have the offer! Cheers!

Oh this sounds amazing! I’ve always considered your roses to be some of the very finest and can’t wait to try these pinks.

1 Like

Tibouren is the future of pink wine

In for the rosé (my weakness)! Can’t wait to try a new-to-me grape varietal made into rosé.

1 Like

@RandallG - this Cinsault is freaking amazing!

1 Like

Glad you enjoyed it. One of the great cépages hiding in plain sight.

Opened a Pink for Easter dinner (done a few days early since chef SIL works holidays of course.) What a perfectly wonderful bottle! Subtlest golden pink, looks so inviting in the glass and we loved the balance of fruit with depth. Major success at the table … we never moved on to the red as we were all so happy with this. I really look forward to my next bottle!

1 Like

So glad you enjoyed the pink. Tibouren is a particularly magical grape and I feel not unlike the Sorcerer’s Apprentice in trying to master it.

1 Like

Thank for exploring with it - the wine was such a pleasure and we had a lovely time lingering over it.

1 Like